Hi Stampers, It’s Alternate Monday day. That means I am sharing a card taken from the blog hop that I participate in each Thursday. I am taking either the sketch or color challenge and making a second card that is close to or similar to the posted card from the hop. I want to inspire you to get different looks for your card by mixing it up a bit by color and design. Today I used the same layout, with a twist and changed the colors to give the card an “Alternate” look.
Stampin’ Up! Barn Door:
Here are the details:
Card base: Crumb Cake 5-1/2 x 8-1/2, scored at 4-1/4
Mat: Crumb Cake 5-1/4 x 4
Sentiment piece: Whisper White 4 x 2-1/2
- Die cut the two channels with the Sliding Door Framelits die onto the Crumb Cake mat. Run this through your big shot using the Pinewood Planks EF
- Stamp your sentiments in Tuxedo Black on onto the Whisper White sentiment piece and adhere to the front of your card, in between the die cut channels
- Stamp the barn door with Early Espreso Ink onto a piece of Soft Suede card stock and die cut with the Sliding Door Framelits
- Ink the wreath once in Garden Greed and flowers in Crushed Curry and Real Red inks, use the wreath and flower dies and die cut them out
- Attach the wreath and flowers with dimesionals to the barn door
- Add a small Linen Thread bow to the top of the wreath
Attaching the Barn door:
(See my link below to go to my blog card that shows pictures of the pennies and mini dimensionals on the card)
- Put a mini Stamin Dimensional in the center of 4 pennies
- Lay the pennies down, Dimensional side up and place the dimensional in the channel, two on the top and two on the bottom
- Slide two of the pennies (top and bottom) over to the left and two over to the right
- Peel off the protective coating on the dimensional and place the left side of the barn door on the dimensionals (see photo below)
- Repeat on the right side of the channel with the the other two pennies
- Place your left hand side of the door on top of the dimesionals and pennies on the left and then repeat with the right side of your door with the pennies on the right side.
- Your door should slide back and forth
- Turn your card over the place Foam Adhesive Strips above and below your pennies and on the side and middle
- Adhere this to the card front
Finishing your card:
- Glue your long track above your top channel
- Glue your hardware to the front of the barn door
- If desired add a sentiment to the inside of your card and you are done
Here is my card inspiration:
Here is the card from the Thursday Hop. You can see it here:
Can I help you?
Do you need product to make this card and need a demonstrator? I would be happy to answer any questions or assist you. You can either click the “shop with me button” which directs you to my online store or click the “contact me” button for further help. Happy Stamping, Kristi
My Customer loyalty program & my way of saying THANK YOU for choosing me as your Demonstrator.
- Earn a Butterfly for each $25.00 in Stampin’ Up! products that you order through me. (before shipping and tax) Collect 20 Butterflies and earn free product valued at $30.00
- Current Butterfly Club members also receive all Stampin’ Up! catalogs for free!
- Butterflies are calculated per order and cannot be combined with other orders made within the same month.
These are the products I used to make my card: