Hi Stampers, today we have another color challenge using Poppy Parade, Blackberry Bliss and Olive Olive. Of course the Peaceful Poppies DSP had all the colors in the beautiful paper so that was my jumping off point for today’s design.
The color challenge:
Stampin’ Up! Painted Poppies:
Card base: Whisper White 4-1/4 x 11, scored at 5-1/2
Panel: Whisper White 4-1/4 x 5-1/2 Embossed with the Coastal Weave EF
DSP panel: Peaceful Poppies 3 x 5-1/2 (purple DSP)
DSP panel: Peaceful Poppies 2-1/2 x 5-1/2 (floral DSP)
Sentiment: Whisper White Stitched Shape Circle Die (largest one)
- Stamp the large poppy image from the Painted Poppies stamp set onto Whisper White cards stock with your Tuxedo Memento Black Ink
- Stamp 3 of the single leaf images from the Painted Poppies stamp set onto Whisper White cards stock with your Tuxedo Memento Black Ink
- Color in your poppy with your Poppy Parade Stampin Blends
- Color in the 3 leaves with your Old Olive Stampin Blends
- I did not have the matching Painted Labels Die so I fussy cut the poppy and leaves out with my paper snips. If you have the coordinating dies by all means use the to die cut the poppy and the leaves
- Die cut some solid leaf images using the die from the Birthday Dies from Old Olive card stock
- Die cut some filler with Blackberry Bliss card stock using the die from the Birthday Dies.
- Stamp your sentiment from the Beautiful Friendship stamp set onto the circle sentiment piece
Putting the card together:
- Attach your Whisper White embossed panel to the card front
- Adhere your two DSP panels together and adhere to the card front
- Attach your Stitched Shaped Circle sentiment to the front of the card with Dimensioanls
- Attach your large poppy to the left hand side of the circle sentiment piece
- Tuck in your Blackberry Bliss filler, Old Olive leaves and narrow colored leaves around the large poppy with glue dots
- Add some Peaceful Poppies Sequins here and there around your card and you are done
Another color inspiration:
I made another card using Poppy Parade as my background instead of Whisper White. I just could not decide which one I liked better so thought I would ask you. Which color do you like best, White or Poppy Parade???
Here is our team:
Alright, on with the hop! Click the button below to hop over to see what the rest of the team created for you today:
And just in case you get lost along the way, here is a list of the team members involved in the hop today:
Can I help you?
Do you need product to make this card and need a demonstrator? I would be happy to answer any questions or assist you. You can either click the “shop with me button” which directs you to my online store or click the “contact me” button for further help. Happy Stamping, Kristi
My Customer loyalty program & my way of saying THANK YOU for choosing me as your Demonstrator.
- Earn a Butterfly for each $50.00 in Stampin’ Up! products that you order through me. (before shipping and tax) Collect 8 Butterflies and earn free product valued at $30.00
- Current Butterfly Club members also receive all Stampin’ Up! catalogs for free!
- Butterflies are calculated per order and cannot be combined with other orders made within the same month.
These are the products I used to make my card: