Hi Stampers, today I am participating in my FIRST ever blog hop with Amy’s Inkin Krew. Today our challenge was using something from the NEW Occasions or Sale-A-Bration Catalog. I could not resist the darling bee from Dragonfly Dreams and inked him up for my share today.
Stampin Up Dragonfly Dreams:
Here is the card recipe:
Card Base: Daffodil Delight 5-1/2 x 8-1/2, scored at 4-1/4
Mat: Basic Black 4 x 5-1/4
Embossed Piece: 3-7/8 x 5-1/8 Using the Hexagon Embossing Folder
Mat: Daffodil Delight 1-3/4 x 4-78
Large Square: Basic Black 1-1/2 x 1-1/2
Small Square: 1-3/8 x 1-3/8
- Adhere the black mat to the embossed whisper white piece
- Wrap your ribbon around the mats and adhere to the card base
- Ink the bee on each square of Whisper White paper
- Stamp three more bees on a scrap piece of Whisper White card stock.
- Color the body of the bee with your Daffodil Delight marker or the NEW watercolor pencils. Use the soft sky Stampin Marker to add some depth to the wings.
- Fussy cut the bees that you stamped on the scrap piece of Whisper White card stock.
- After the bees are cut out, attach them to the inked bee on the white squares.
- Adhere all the squares with fast fuse and attach to the long piece of daffodil delight paper
- Adhere the art piece to the card base with dimensionals
- Make a bow with more ribbon and attach with a glue dot
- Add some enamel shapes, candy dots and rhinestones to add some bling to the card ( a must for a Kristi card)
The Inside Details:
- The inside: Whisper White card stock 4 x 5-1/4
- Stamp some bees with your black Tuxedo ink and color in with your markers
- Add the sentiment and you are done!
Here is our team:
To view our shares today just click the “next blog” button which directs you to each site. If you get lost along the way you can click onto our names to find your way back. Enjoy!
The Previous Blog button takes you to Mary’s blog
The Next Blot button takes you to Amy’s blog
Can I help you?
Do you need product to make this card and need a demonstrator? I would be happy to answer any questions or assist you. You can either click the “shop with me button” which directs you to my online store or click the “contact me” button for further help. Happy Stamping, Kristi
Here are the products I used to make this card: