Hi Stampers, It’s Alternate Monday day. That means I am sharing a card taken from the blog hop that I participate in each Thursday. I am taking either the sketch or color challenge and making a second card that is close to or similar to the posted card from the hop. I want to inspire you to get different looks for your card by mixing it up a bit by color and design. Today I used the same layout, with a twist and changed the colors to give the card an “Alternate” look.
Stampin’ Up! Tropical Chic:
Here is the card recipe:
Card base: 5-1/2 x 8-1/2, scored at 4-1/4
Mat: DSP Tropical Escape 5-1/4 x 4
Small mat: Shaded Spruce 4-5/8 x 3-3/8
Small DSP panel: Tropical Escape 4-1/2 x 3-1/4
Scallop circle: Granny Apple Green, Layering Circle Framelits
Circle: Whisper White, Layering Stitched Framelits
Here are the details:
- Stamp the Philodendron leaf onto Whisper White card stock using Granny Apple Green Ink and die cut it out
- Stamp the palm leaf onto Whisper White card stock using second generation stamping with Granny Apple Green, then thump around the edges with a sponge dauber and Shaded Spruce then die cut it out
- Die cut the long fern in Shaded Spruce card stock
- Stamp two hibiscus onto Whisper White card stock in Blushing Bride Ink and die cut them out
- Stamp the Thank You sentiment with Tuxedo Black ink onto the white circle art piece
- Adhere the large DSP mat to the front of the card
- Adhere the Shaded Spruce mat to the small DSP panel
- Wrap a Granny Apple Green ribbon around the bottom of the small mats
- Attach the small mats to the front of the card with dimensionals
- Attach your circle art piece to the front of the card with dimensionals
Attaching the florals:
- adhere the philodendron and large fern to the circle
- Adhere the palm leaf to the top of the first two leaves with a dimensional
- Adhere the pink flower on top of all the leaves with a double stack of dimensionals
- Tie a Granny Apple Green knot and attach to the right side of the art piece
- Tuck another pink flower above the knot
- Add pearls from the Share What You Love Embellishment Kit to the center of the hibiscus and one random pearl by the sentiment and you are done
Here is another version:
The DSP is the only thing that is different but it does give it a alternate look!
Here is the inspiration:
Here is the card from my Thursday Blog Hop. You can see the card here:
Can I help you?
Do you need product to make this card and need a demonstrator? I would be happy to answer any questions or assist you. You can either click the “shop with me button” which directs you to my online store or click the “contact me” button for further help. Happy Stamping, Kristi
My Customer loyalty program & my way of saying THANK YOU for choosing me as your Demonstrator.
- Earn a Butterfly for each $25.00 in Stampin’ Up! products that you order through me. (before shipping and tax) Collect 20 Butterflies and earn free product valued at $30.00
- Current Butterfly Club members also receive all Stampin’ Up! catalogs for free!
- Butterflies are calculated per order and cannot be combined with other orders made within the same month.
These are the products I used to make my card: