Hi Stampers, It’s Alternate Monday day. That means I am sharing a card taken from the blog hop that I participate in each Thursday. I am taking either the sketch or color challenge and making a second card that is close to or similar to the posted card from the hop. I want to inspire you to get different looks for your card by mixing it up a bit by color and design. Today I used the same layout, with a twist and changed the colors to give the card an “Alternate” look.
Stampin’ Up! Winds of Change:
Card base: Whisper White 5-1/2 x 8-1/2, scored at 4-1/4
Mat: Brights Paper Pack in Gorgeous Grape 5-12 x 4-1/4
Stitched Framelit mat: Daffodil Delight
Art Piece: Whisper White from the Stitched Dies
Sentiment: Whisper White 5/8 c 3-1/2, punched with the Triple Banner Punch
- Stamp your Winds of Change image onto a piece of Whisper White card stock with Tuxedo Memento Ink
- Color in you image with your Stampin Blends as follows:
- Wind mill building: Crumb Cake
- Wind mill: Soft Suede
- Tulip leaves: Granny Apple Green
- Tulips: Highland Heather, Daffodil Delight and Petal Pink
- Outline shadow: Light Pool Party
- After your image is all colored in, die cut the art piece using your Rectangle Stitched Dies
Putting the card together:
- Attach the DSP mat to the card front
- Attach your solid stitched mat to the art piece
- Wrap some Whisper White Bakers twine around the bottom of the stacked mats twice
- Adhere this to the front of the card with dimensionals
- Stamp you image one extra time onto some Whisper White card stock and color in the three largest tulips with the coordinating colors
- Fussy cut these tulips out and adhere them to the top of the stamped images with a mini dimensionals
- Stamp your sentiment from the Winds of Change Stamp Set
- Add few Noble Peacock Rhinestones and some yellow Happiness Blooms Enamel dots to the front of the card
- Attach your sentiment with dimensionals
- Color in a few of the tulips with some Wink Of Stella
- Add a double Whisper White Bakers Twine bow to the left of the sentiment and you are done!
My card inspirations:
Here is the card from my Thursday Blog Hop that inspired the alternate look.
Can I help you?
Do you need product to make this card and need a demonstrator? I would be happy to answer any questions or assist you. You can either click the “shop with me button” which directs you to my online store or click the “contact me” button for further help. Happy Stamping, Kristi
My Customer loyalty program & my way of saying THANK YOU for choosing me as your Demonstrator.
- Earn a Butterfly for each $25.00 in Stampin’ Up! products that you order through me. (before shipping and tax) Collect 20 Butterflies and earn free product valued at $30.00
- Current Butterfly Club members also receive all Stampin’ Up! catalogs for free!
- Butterflies are calculated per order and cannot be combined with other orders made within the same month.
These are the products I used to make my card: