Hi Stampers, It’s Alternate Monday day. That means I am sharing a card taken from the blog hop that I participate in each Thursday. I am taking either the sketch or color challenge and making a second card that is close to or similar to the posted card from the hop. I want to inspire you to get different looks for your card by mixing it up a bit by color and design. Today I used the same layout, with a twist and changed the colors to give the card an “Alternate” look.
Stampin’ Up! Handsomely Suited:
Card base: Smokey Slate 4-1/4 x 11, scored at 5-1/2
Extra front panel: Smokey Slate 4-1/4 x 5-1/2
Mat: Night of Navy 3-1/2 x 4-7/8
Art piece: Whisper White die cut with the Stitched Rectangle Die measuring 3-3/8 x 4-3/4
Embossed with the Brick and Mortar EF
- Die cut the bowties and the tie knot using the DSP from the Well Suited DSP
- Emboss the bowties and knots with the Tasteful Textile EF
- Die cut 3 extra bowties and knots for each bowtie from Whisper White card stock
- Stack and glue 3 white bowties together topping the stack with the DSP bowtie
- Repeat with the knots and then glue the knots onto the corresponding bowtie
- Stamp your sentiment from the Handsomely Suited stamp set with Versamark Ink
- Then stamp the sentiment immediately into Night of Navy Ink
- Sprinkle Clear Emboss Powder over the sentiment and then heat set with your Heat Gun
- Die cut the sentiment out using the Stitched Rectangle Die
Putting the card together:
- Wrap a piece of Basic Gray Bakers Twine from the Well Suited Twine Pack around the Smokey Slate Panel
- Adhere this panel to the front of the card
- Adhere your embossed art piece to the Night of Navy mat
- Attach this panel to the front of the card with Dimensionals
- Attach your six bowties onto the art piece with Glue Dots
- Adhere your sentiment onto the front of the card with Dimensionals
- Add a double Basic Gray Twine bow from the Well Suited Twin Pack to the left of the sentiment with a glue dot and your are done
Here is the card from our Thursday Blog hop that inspired todays ” Alternate” look
Can I help you?
Do you need product to make this card and need a demonstrator? I would be happy to answer any questions or assist you. You can either click the “shop with me button” which directs you to my online store or click the “contact me” button for further help. Happy Stamping, Kristi
My Customer loyalty program & my way of saying THANK YOU for choosing me as your Demonstrator.
- Earn a Butterfly for each $50.00 in Stampin’ Up! products that you order through me. (before shipping and tax) Collect 8 Butterflies and earn free product valued at $30.00
- Current Butterfly Club members also receive all Stampin’ Up! catalogs for free!
- Butterflies are calculated per order and cannot be combined with other orders made within the same month.
These are the products I used to make my card: