Hi Stampers, It’s Alternate Monday day. That means I am sharing a card taken from the blog hop that I participate in each Thursday. I am taking either the sketch or color challenge and making a second card that is close to or similar to the posted card from the hop. I want to inspire you to get different looks for your card by mixing it up a bit by color and design. Today I used the same layout, with a twist and changed the colors to give the card an “Alternate” look.
I had a scrap of the True Love DSP left over from my blog hop card and this is how I came up with my card today. I just did not want to waste that beautiful paper and used the odd piece that was left over for another offset card design.
Stampin’ Up! True Love Card:
Card base: Whisper White 4-1/4 x 11, scored at 5-1/2
Front Panel: Whisper White 4-1/4 x 5-1/2
Offset panel: True Love DSP Cut offset any dimension works Mine is 2-1/4″ across the top and 3-1/4″ across the bottom
Offset panel mat: Basic Black
Sentiment: 1/2 x 6 (to be cut down to fit later)
- Emboss the Whisper White panel with the Tasteful Textile EF
- Adhere this panel to the front of the card
- After you cut your offset DSP lay the corners 1/8″ inside the upper left corner of a piece of Basic Black card stock
- Take this to your trimmer and trim the other two side to match the edges of the top corner trim
- Adhere your offset panel to the right top side of the card front with Dimensionals
- Die cut 3 sets of the sentiment “Hello” (this was a die from a Pinkfresh Studio Die) or other sentiment of your choice in Basic Black card stock
- Glue 3 layers together to make the letter strong and have some dimension
- Adhere the sentiment to the offset panel on the front of the card
- Stamp the sentiment of your choice with Versamark ink
- After you stamp with the Versamark go directly into your Melon Mambo ink and stamp the sentiment and then onto your Whisper white sentiment piece
- Sprinkle the sentiment with Clear Embossing Powder and heat set with your Heat Tool
- Lay your sentiment under the offset panel and trim to fit the offset panel
- Stamp your daisy 2 time in Melon Mambo Ink onto Whisper White card stock using the stamp from Daisy Lane
- Punch both daisies out with the coordinating punch
- Adhere the bottom daisy to the front of the offset panel
- Layer the second daisy on top of the first one using a Dimensional
- Die cut the leaves from Pear Pizzazz card stock. (I use the die from the Wild Rose Die Set )
- Tuck the leaves under the daisy with glue dots
- Finish the card off by adhering some Magenta Madness Enamel dots onto the front of the card for added bling
Here is the card from the Thursday Blog Hop that inspired the “Alternate” look
Can I help you?
Do you need product to make this card and need a demonstrator? I would be happy to answer any questions or assist you. You can either click the “shop with me button” which directs you to my online store or click the “contact me” button for further help. Happy Stamping, Kristi
My Customer loyalty program & my way of saying THANK YOU for choosing me as your Demonstrator.
- Earn a Butterfly for each $50.00 in Stampin’ Up! products that you order through me. (before shipping and tax) Collect 8 Butterflies and earn free product valued at $30.00
- Current Butterfly Club members also receive all Stampin’ Up! catalogs for free!
- Butterflies are calculated per order and cannot be combined with other orders made within the same month.
These are the products I used to make my card: