Hi Stampers, It’s Alternate Monday day. That means I am sharing a card taken from the blog hop that I participate in each Thursday. I am taking either the sketch or color challenge and making a second card that is close to or similar to the posted card from the hop. I want to inspire you to get different looks for your card by mixing it up a bit by color and design. Today I used the same layout, with a twist and changed the colors to give the card an “Alternate” look.
Card base: Whisper White 5-1/2 x 8, scored at 4-1/4
Mat: Toile Tidings DSP 5-1/4 x 4
Stitched Die panel: Real Red(approx) 3 x 4-1/4
Stitched Die panel art piece: Very Vanilla (approx) 2-5/8 x 4
the art piece:
- Stamp your bird image from the Toile Christmas Stamp Set onto a piece of Very Vanilla card stock with Black Tuxedo Momento Ink
- Color in your bird as follows:
- Bird body and wings: Real Red Stampin Blends
- Beak: Mango Melody Stampin blends
- Die cut your bird using the Christmas Cardinal Die
- Stamp the branch image from the Toile Christmas Stamp Set onto your Very Vanilla art piece with Black Tuxedo Momento Ink
- Color in your branch as follows”
- Berries: Real Red Stampin Blends
- Leaves: Garden Green Ink Pad your a Blender Pen
- Branch: Soft Suede Blender Pens
- After your branch image is colored in, run the art piece through the Subtle EF and mount to the Real Red Stitched mat
Putting the card together:
- Wrap a piece of Lace Ribbon around the Toile Tidings DSP mat
- Adhere this mat to the front of the card with snail
- Mount your art piece to the bottom of the card with dimensionals
- Adhere your bird to the art piece with dimensionals
- Add a lace bow to the right side of the art piece next to the birds tail
- Add some small Rhinestone into the cluster of berries
Here is the card from the Thursday blog hop that inspired today’s card. Note that the panels are all the same only turned to landscape mode instead of portrait. It makes the card look so different and gives it a great “Alternate” look. You can see the card here:
Can I help you?
Do you need product to make this card and need a demonstrator? I would be happy to answer any questions or assist you. You can either click the “shop with me button” which directs you to my online store or click the “contact me” button for further help. Happy Stamping, Kristi
My Customer loyalty program & my way of saying THANK YOU for choosing me as your Demonstrator.
- Earn a Butterfly for each $25.00 in Stampin’ Up! products that you order through me. (before shipping and tax) Collect 20 Butterflies and earn free product valued at $30.00
- Current Butterfly Club members also receive all Stampin’ Up! catalogs for free!
- Butterflies are calculated per order and cannot be combined with other orders made within the same month.
These are the products I used to make my card: