Hi Stampers, It’s Alternate Monday day. That means I am sharing a card taken from the blog hop that I participate in each Thursday. I am taking either the sketch or color challenge and making a second card that is close to or similar to the posted card from the hop. I want to inspire you to get different looks for your card by mixing it up a bit by color and design. Today I used the same layout, with a twist and changed the colors to give the card an “Alternate” look.
Stampin’ Up! Toile Season Slim Line Card:
Card base: Very Vanilla 8-1/2 x 7, scored at 3-1/2
Card front: Very Vanilla 8-1/2 x 3-1/2
Large mat: Red Red 8-1/4 x 3-1/4
DSP: Toile Tidings 8-1/8 x 3-1/8
Art piece: 2- Very Vanilla panels, Die cut the Stitched Rectangle Dies approx. 3-1/2 x 2-1/2
Sentiment: Very Vanilla 7/8 x 5 punched with the Banner Triple Punch
- Stamp your cardinal and greenery with Tuxedo Black Ink onto a piece of Very Vanilla card stock
- Color your images with Stampin Blends using the images from the Toile Christmas stamp set as follows:
- Cardinal: Real Red
- Beak: Mango Melody
- Greens: Mossy Meadow
- Berries: Real Red
- Stem: Soft Suede
- Die cut all the images using the Christmas Cardinal Dies
- Die cut 3 swirls from the Christmas Cardinal Dies using Gold Foil Sheets
- Stamp the sentiment from the For Unto Us stamp set with Vera Mark Ink
- Sprinkle with Gold Embossing Powder and heat set with your heat gun
Putting the card together:
- Wrap a piece of Mossy Meadow Diagonal Striped Ribbon around the Very Vanilla 8-1/2 x 3-1/2 panel
- Attach this panel to the front of the card
- Adhere your DSP panel to the Red red mat and attach to the front of the card
- Adhere your two Very Vanilla Stitched Rectangle Die cuts to the front of the card with Dimensionals
- Adhere your greenery stem and cardinal to the right side of the card with glue dots
- Attach your sentiment to the left side of the art piece with glue dots
- Add your three gold swirls to the greenery stem with liquid glue
- Add a Mossy Meadow Diagonal Striped bow to the right of the art piece
- Attach Real Red Rhinestones to some of the red berry clusters
- Add some Gilded Gems and Red Rhinestones here and there to the front of the card you are done
Here is the card from our Thrusday blog hop that inspired my “Alternate” look
Can I help you?
Do you need product to make this card and need a demonstrator? I would be happy to answer any questions or assist you. You can either click the “shop with me button” which directs you to my online store or click the “contact me” button for further help. Happy Stamping, Kristi
My Customer loyalty program & my way of saying THANK YOU for choosing me as your Demonstrator.
- Earn a Butterfly for each $50.00 in Stampin’ Up! products that you order through me. (before shipping and tax) Collect 8 Butterflies and earn free product valued at $30.00
- Current Butterfly Club members also receive all Stampin’ Up! catalogs for free!
- Butterflies are calculated per order and cannot be combined with other orders made within the same month.
These are the products I used to make my card: