Hi Stampers, It’s Alternate Monday day. That means I am sharing a card taken from the blog hop that I participate in each Thursday. I am taking either the sketch or color challenge and making a second card that is close to or similar to the posted card from the hop. I want to inspire you to get different looks for your card by mixing it up a bit by color and design. Today I used the same layout, with a twist and changed the colors to give the card an “Alternate” look.
Stampin’ Up! Toile Tidings Bi Fold Card:
Card base: Real Red 5-1/2 x 8-1/2 scored at each end at 2-1/8 to create the bi-fold card base
DSP panel: Toile Tidings 2 x 5-3/8 (you need to cut two of these panels)
Belly Band: Real Red 1-1/2 x 8-1/2 scored at each end at 2-1/8
Belly band mat: Toile Tidings 1-3/8 x 8-3/8 scored at each end at 2-1/8
Inside panel: Very Vanilla 4 x 5-1/4
Scallop circle: Real Red Glimmer Paper
Embossed circle: Very Vanilla Layering Stitched circle die (the largest one) embossed with the Pinewood Planks EF
the art piece:
- Stamp your cardinal image using the Toile Christmas stamp set with Tuxedo Memento Black ink onto Very Vanilla card stock
- Stamp the branch image from the Toile Christmas stamp set with Tuxedo Memento Black in onto Very Vanilla card stock
- Color in your bird image with your Real Red Stampin Blends
- Color in your branch with Mossy Meadow (leaves), Real Red (berries) and the stem in Soft Suede (branch)
- Die cut both the bird and branch with the Christmas Cardinal Die
- Glue your branch onto the art piece
- Adhere your bird to the art piece with dimensionals
- Adhere your Toile Tidings panels to the front flaps of your card front
- Glue your Toile Tidings belly band mat to the Real Red belly band
- Adhere the right side of the belly band to the right side of the card flap, wrap your belly band around the card then adhere the left side of the belly band to the left side of the front card flap
- Adhere the art piece to the left side of the front belly band only (this will insure that your card will open
- Stamp your sentiment from Toile Christmas onto a piece of Very Vanilla card stock using your black and real red Stampin Write Markers
- Die cut your sentiment using the Christmas Cardinal Dies
- Adhere the sentiment to the art piece
- Punch several Real Red Glimmer dots with a small paper punch and glue onto the art piece and on top of some of the berries
Here is my inspiration:
Here is the card from the Thursday blog hop that inspired my “Alternate Monday” card
Can I help you?
Do you need product to make this card and need a demonstrator? I would be happy to answer any questions or assist you. You can either click the “shop with me button” which directs you to my online store or click the “contact me” button for further help. Happy Stamping, Kristi
My Customer loyalty program & my way of saying THANK YOU for choosing me as your Demonstrator.
- Earn a Butterfly for each $25.00 in Stampin’ Up! products that you order through me. (before shipping and tax) Collect 20 Butterflies and earn free product valued at $30.00
- Current Butterfly Club members also receive all Stampin’ Up! catalogs for free!
- Butterflies are calculated per order and cannot be combined with other orders made within the same month.
These are the products I used to make my card: