Hi Stampers, It’s Alternate Monday day. That means I am sharing a card taken from the blog hop that I participate in each Thursday. I am taking either the sketch or color challenge and making a second card that is close to or similar to the posted card from the hop. I want to inspire you to get different looks for your card by mixing it up a bit by color and design. Today I used the same layout, with a twist and changed the colors to give the card an “Alternate” look.
Stampin’ Up! To A Wild Rose:
Card base: Whisper White 4-1/4 x 11. scored at 5-1/2
Mat: Pressed Petals Wood Grain DSP 4 x 5-1/4
Panel: Soft Suede 4 x 1-3/4 Embossed with the Basket weave EF
Trim: Whisper White Cut with the Magnolia Memory Die
Square: Whisper White cut with your Stitched Shaped Dies (second largest)
Square mat: Soft Suede cut with your Layering Square Dies
- Stamp your rose from the “To A Wild Rose” stamp set onto Whisper White card stock With Pineapple Punch and Crushed Curry Ink. This is the order in which I stamped mine,
- Stamp the outline rose with Memento Tuxedo Black Ink
- Stamp the solid image with Pineapple Punch Ink
- Stamp the partial image with Crushed Curry Ink
- Die cut your floral image out with the Wild Rose Dies
- Stamp out your 3 leaves in the same manner as the rose using Soft Sea Foam and Granny Apple Green Ink
- Die cut your leaves with the Wild Rose Dies
- Die Cut the Trim using the die from Magnolia Memory Die set
- Color in your sentiment from Itty Bitty Birthday using the ink to rubber technique. (Color in the sentiment with your Black and Crushed Curry Stampin Markers)
- Mount the sentiment onto the Soft Suede Scallop mat
Putting the card together:
- Mount the Pressed Petal wood grain DSP onto the card front
- Attach the Whisper White trim piece with snail
- Attach the embossed Soft Suede panel on top of the trim piece
- Mount your flower with dimensionals to the left side of the card and on top of the Soft Suede embossed panel
- Attach your sentiment square to the right side of the rose, slightly tucked under some of the petals
- Attach your leave with glue dots
- To finish the card:
- Attach a Crushed Curry Crinkled Seam Binding Bow
- Attach a Gold Designer Elements to the rose and one on the sentiment piece
- Add a few rhinestones and you are done
Here is the card from the Thursday Blog hop. You can see the card here:
Can I help you?
Do you need product to make this card and need a demonstrator? I would be happy to answer any questions or assist you. You can either click the “shop with me button” which directs you to my online store or click the “contact me” button for further help. Happy Stamping, Kristi
My Customer loyalty program & my way of saying THANK YOU for choosing me as your Demonstrator.
- Earn a Butterfly for each $25.00 in Stampin’ Up! products that you order through me. (before shipping and tax) Collect 20 Butterflies and earn free product valued at $30.00
- Current Butterfly Club members also receive all Stampin’ Up! catalogs for free!
- Butterflies are calculated per order and cannot be combined with other orders made within the same month.