Hi Stampers, It’s Alternate Monday day. That means I am sharing a card taken from the blog hop that I participate in each Thursday. I am taking either the sketch or color challenge and making a second card that is close to or similar to the posted card from the hop. I want to inspire you to get different looks for your card by mixing it up a bit by color and design. Today I used the same layout, with a twist and changed the colors to give the card an “Alternate” look.
Stampin’ Up! To A Wild Rose:
Card base: Calypso Coral 5-1/2 x 8-1/2, scored at 4-1/4
Mat: Whisper White 5-1/4 x 4
Embossed panel: Whisper White 5-1/8 x 3-7/8 Embossed with the Brick and Mortar EF
Sentiment: Whisper White die cut from the Ornate Layers Dies
Sentiment mat: Calypso Coral Ornate Layer Die
- Stamp the floral image from the To A Wild Rose stamp set onto a piece of Whisper White card stock with the following inks
- Layer 1 Petal Pink
- Layer 2 Calypso Coral
- Layer 3 (the outline) Poppy Parade
- Stamp the leaf image twice from To A Wild Rose stamp set onto a piece of Whisper White cards stoke with the following inks
- Layer 1 Granny Apple Green
- Layer 2 Old Olive
- Layer 3 (the outline) Mossy Meadow
- Die cut the flower and both sets of leaves
- Stamp your Sentiment onto the Whisper White Ornate Layers Dies piece using the sentiment from the Very Versailles stamp set using Black Tuxedo Momento Ink
- Mount the sentiment onto the Calypso Coral Ornate Layer Die with snail
Putting the card together:
- Adhere your Whisper White embossed panel to the Whisper White mat
- Adhere this panel to the card from with Dimensionals
- Adhere your sentiment piece to the right hand, bottom part of the card front with Dimensionals
- Adhere your rose to the card front with Dimensionals
- Adhere the two sets of leaves to the flower with glue dots
- Attach some Crisp Cantaloupe Gingham Gala Sequins
- Adhere a few pearls to the front to the card and you are finished
Another color variation:
- This card used Highland Heather, Gorgeous Grape and Blackberry Bliss for the flower
The card inspiration:
Here is the card from the Thursday Blog Hop that inspired todays ” Alternate” look:
Can I help you?
Do you need product to make this card and need a demonstrator? I would be happy to answer any questions or assist you. You can either click the “shop with me button” which directs you to my online store or click the “contact me” button for further help. Happy Stamping, Kristi
My Customer loyalty program & my way of saying THANK YOU for choosing me as your Demonstrator.
- Earn a Butterfly for each $50.00 in Stampin’ Up! products that you order through me. (before shipping and tax) Collect 8 Butterflies and earn free product valued at $30.00
- Current Butterfly Club members also receive all Stampin’ Up! catalogs for free!
- Butterflies are calculated per order and cannot be combined with other orders made within the same month.
These are the products I used to make my card: