Hi Stampers, It’s Alternate Monday day. That means I am sharing a card taken from the blog hop that I participate in each Thursday. I am taking either the sketch or color challenge and making a second card that is close to or similar to the posted card from the hop. I want to inspire you to get different looks for your card by mixing it up a bit by color and design. Today I used the same layout, with a twist and changed the colors to give the card an “Alternate” look.
Stampin’ Up! Timeless Tropical:
Card base: Mango Meloday 5-1/2 x 8-1/2, scored at 4-1/4
DSP: Tropical Oasis DSP 5-1/4 x 4
Art piece: Whisper White Rectangle Die
Frame: Real Red Rectangle Dies
- Stamp your floral images from the Timeless Tropical stamp set onto Whisper White card stock
- Color the large hibiscus with your Real Red and Mango Melody Stampin Blends
- Color in the small flowers with your Real Red Stampin Blends
- Die cut all the floral images out with your In The Tropics Dies
- Stamp the leaf image using the image from Timeless Tropical with Tuxedo Memento Ink
- Color the leaves with Old Olive Stampin Blends
- Die cut the leaves with Timeless Tropical
- Die cut a few of the small leaves from the same set using Old Olive card stock
- Stamp your sentiment from the Timeless Tropical stamp set onto the Whisper White art piece
Putting the card together:
- Adhere your Tropical OASIS DSP to the front of the card with snail
- Attach the Whisper White art piece to the front of the card with snail
- Mount your Real Red frame with Foam Adhesive Strips on top of the art piece
- Arrange and attach all the flowers to the front of the card using glue dots and dimensionals
- Adhere the leaves here and there to fill in the floral arrangement with some greenery
- Add a large Rhinestone to the center of each flower
- Adhere the Real Red Rhinestones
- Add a touch of Wink of Stella to the stamen of the hibiscus and to the smaller red flowers for some added sparkle
- You are done
The card inspiration:
Here is the card that inspired my Alternate Monday card. You can see it here:
Can I help you?
Do you need product to make this card and need a demonstrator? I would be happy to answer any questions or assist you. You can either click the “shop with me button” which directs you to my online store or click the “contact me” button for further help. Happy Stamping, Kristi
My Customer loyalty program & my way of saying THANK YOU for choosing me as your Demonstrator.
- Earn a Butterfly for each $25.00 in Stampin’ Up! products that you order through me. (before shipping and tax) Collect 20 Butterflies and earn free product valued at $30.00
- Current Butterfly Club members also receive all Stampin’ Up! catalogs for free!
- Butterflies are calculated per order and cannot be combined with other orders made within the same month.
These are the products I used to make my card: