Hi Stampers, It’s Alternate Monday day. That means I am sharing a card taken from the blog hop that I participate in each Thursday. I am taking either the sketch or color challenge and making a second card that is close to or similar to the posted card from the hop. I want to inspire you to get different looks for your card by mixing it up a bit by color and design. Today I used the same layout, with a twist and changed the colors to give the card an “Alternate” look.
Stampin’ Up! Timeless Tropical:
Card base: Real Red card stock 4-1/4 x 11, scored at 5-1/2
Front mat: Pressed Petals DSP 4 x 5-1/4
- Attach your DSP mat to the front of the Real Red card base
- With the card on the open position, arrange your floral dies from the In the Tropics Dies on top of the card front and run the card front top only though your die cutting machine, (toss the pieces that you die cut out)
- Stamp your sentiment in Black Memento Tuxedo ink
- On a scrap piece of Whisper white card stock stamp all the flowers from the Timeless Tropical stamp set that you die cut on the front of the card. (in the case of my card it was 1 hibiscus and 3 freesia blossoms)
- Color in your stamped flowers as follows:
- Hibiscus: Real Red Stampin Blends
- Freesia: Daffodil Delight Stampin Blends ( I did add a touch of Mango Melody to the centers to deepen the color)
- Die cut the flowers out using the In the Tropics Dies
- Open your card and stamp the leaves on the front of the card next to the open spaces from the die cut floral in Old Olive Ink
- Sponge the edges of the leaves the are against the cut opening of the flowers with a sponge dauber and Old Olive Ink
- Now, close your card and adhere your colored flowers in the corresponding die cut space with liquid glue (the flowers will be on the inside of your card
- Wrap a piece of Lined Thread around your card front and tie a bow
- Color in some Rhinestones with your dark Real Red Stampin Blend and adhere them to the center on the flowers and around the card front
Inside of the card:
Here is the card from our Thursdays Blog Hop that inspired today creation
Can I help you?
Do you need product to make this card and need a demonstrator? I would be happy to answer any questions or assist you. You can either click the “shop with me button” which directs you to my online store or click the “contact me” button for further help. Happy Stamping, Kristi
My Customer loyalty program & my way of saying THANK YOU for choosing me as your Demonstrator.
- Earn a Butterfly for each $50.00 in Stampin’ Up! products that you order through me. (before shipping and tax) Collect 8 Butterflies and earn free product valued at $30.00
- Current Butterfly Club members also receive all Stampin’ Up! catalogs for free!
- Butterflies are calculated per order and cannot be combined with other orders made within the same month.
These are the products I used to make my card: