Merry Christmas Eve and may your holiday be a time of joy to each of you.
Hi Stampers, It’s Alternate Monday day. That means I am sharing a card taken from the blog hop that I participate in each Thursday. I am taking either the sketch or color challenge and making a second card that is close to or similar to the posted card from the hop. I want to inspire you to get different looks for your card by mixing it up a bit by color and design. Today I used the same layout, with a twist and changed the colors to give the card an “Alternate” look.
Stampin’ Up! Sweetest Thing:
Here is the card recipe:
Card base: Coastal Cabana 5-1/2 x8-1/2, scored at 4-1/4
Mat: Whisper White 5-1/4 x 4
DSP: How Sweet It Is 5-1/8 x 3-7/8
DSP strip: How Sweet It Is 5-1/8 x 1-1/2
Art piece: Whisper White 3-3/8 x 4
Here are the details:
The art piece:
- Stamp the large candy jars onto a piece of scrap Whisper White card stock, one in Coastal Cabana and one in Granny Apple Green
- Stamp the Treat sentiment in Coastal Cabana
- Stamp the jelly bean image on the large Coastal Cabana jar in Gray Granite
- Color in the jelly beans with your Blender Pen and Coastal Cabana and Granny Apple Green ink
- Die cut the candy jars and sentiment with the Jar of Sweets Framelits
- Stamp the Happy Birthday greeting in Gray Granite onto the art piece
- Run the art piece thought the Big Shot with the Subtle EF
- Adhere the DSP panels to the Whisper White mat
- Wrap a piece of Coastal Cabana and Granny Apple Green Reversible Ribbon (that’s a mouth full, LOL) around the seam of the two pieces of DSP
- Attach this panel to the card front
- Adhere your art piece to the front of the card with dimensionals
The finishing touches:
- Attach your large jar with snail to the art piece
- Attach the thin jar with dimensionals
- Attach the treats sentiment to the front of the large jar with a dimensional
- Attach a bow to the right side of the art piece with a glue dot
- Adhere a few Glitter Enamel Dots and a Pearl to the right side of the thin candy jar
- Color the thin candy jar with Wink of Stella
- Color the lid the the large jar with Wink of Stella
- Add a White Bakers Twine bow to each jar and you are finished
Here is the card inspiration:
Here is the card from the Thursday Blog Hop. You can see my card here:
Can I help you?
Do you need product to make this card and need a demonstrator? I would be happy to answer any questions or assist you. You can either click the “shop with me button” which directs you to my online store or click the “contact me” button for further help. Happy Stamping, Kristi
My Customer loyalty program & my way of saying THANK YOU for choosing me as your Demonstrator.
- Earn a Butterfly for each $25.00 in Stampin’ Up! products that you order through me. (before shipping and tax) Collect 20 Butterflies and earn free product valued at $30.00
- Current Butterfly Club members also receive all Stampin’ Up! catalogs for free!
- Butterflies are calculated per order and cannot be combined with other orders made within the same month.
These are the products I used to make my card: