Hi Stampers, It’s Alternate Monday day. That means I am sharing a card taken from the blog hop that I participate in each Thursday. I am taking either the sketch or color challenge and making a second card that is close to or similar to the posted card from the hop. I want to inspire you to get different looks for your card by mixing it up a bit by color and design. Today I used the same layout, with a twist and changed the colors to give the card an “Alternate” look.
Stampin’ Up! Sweet Strawberry:
Card base: Whisper White 4-1/4 x 11, scored at 5-1/2
Embossed panel: Whisper White 4-1/4 x 5-1/2
Berry Delightful DSP 4-1/4 x 5-1/2
Sentiment: Basic Black 3/4 x 6 (to be trimmed down later)
3 Extra panels of 4-1/4 x 5-1/2 Whisper White card stock (optional)
- Emboss the 4-1/4 x 5-1/2 Whisper White panel with the Tasteful Textiles EF
- Cut your Berry Delightful panel in two pieces with a diagonal cut about 1/3 from the top (keep the smaller portion for another card)
- After your DSP panel is cut at the diagonal place this panel on top of an additional piece of 4-1/4 x 5-1/2 Whisper White card stock, glue together and cut the extra part off at the diagonal (again keep this small extra pieces, they wont go to waste)
- Repeat this process 3 times to build up the DSP layer for added dimension to the card (this part is optional) The card would still be lovely without this extra step
- Stamp the leaf and strawberry outline stamp from the Sweet Strawberry stamp set in Tuxedo Black Ink onto a piece of Whisper White card stock
- Stamp the solid leaf to fill in the image with Granny Apple Green Ink from the Sweet Strawberry stamp set
- Stamp the solid Strawberry to fill in the image with Poppy Parade Ink from the Sweet Strawberry stamp set
- Punch the berry and stem out with the Strawberry Builder Punch
- Glue the stems to the berries
- Stamp your sentiment from the Sweet Strawberry stamp set onto the Basic Black sentiment strip with Versamark Ink
- Sprinkle White Embossing Powder over the image, shake off the extra powder and heat set with your heat gun
Putting the card together:
- Adhere your embossed panel to the front of the card with Stampin Seal
- Attach your stacked diagonal panel to the front of the card with Stampin Seal
- Adhere your sentiment to the embossed panel right at the edge of the diagonal cut with Stampin Seal
- Trim off the extra part of the sentiment strip that hangs over the edges of your card with your paper snip
- Adhere your strawberries to the left side of the card with Dimensionals
- Sprinkle a few Rhinestones to the front of the card and you are done.
Remember I said to save that extra bit of DSP that was cut off at the diagonal? Here is another card I made using the leftover cut from the Berry Delightful DSP. I also used all the extra pieces of Whisper White that were cut off the top of the Whisper White stack from the card above to layer the diagonal panel on this card.
Here are a few more designs, all made the same way but using different papers. I love all the different ways these paper work and coordinate together. Have fun creating.
Here is the card from our Thursday Blog Hop that inspired todays “Alternate” look
Can I help you?
Do you need product to make this card and need a demonstrator? I would be happy to answer any questions or assist you. You can either click the “shop with me button” which directs you to my online store or click the “contact me” button for further help. Happy Stamping, Kristi
My Customer loyalty program & my way of saying THANK YOU for choosing me as your Demonstrator.
- Earn a Butterfly for each $50.00 in Stampin’ Up! products that you order through me. (before shipping and tax) Collect 8 Butterflies and earn free product valued at $30.00
- Current Butterfly Club members also receive all Stampin’ Up! catalogs for free!
- Butterflies are calculated per order and cannot be combined with other orders made within the same month.
These are the products I used to make my card: