Hi Stampers, It’s Alternate Monday day. That means I am sharing a card taken from the blog hop that I participate in each Thursday. I am taking either the sketch or color challenge and making a second card that is close to or similar to the posted card from the hop. I want to inspire you to get different looks for your card by mixing it up a bit by color and design. Today I used the same layout, with a twist and changed the colors to give the card an “Alternate” look.
Stampin’ Up! So Many Stars Card:
Card base: Whisper White 5-1/2 x 8-1/2, scored at 4-1/4
DSP panel: Wrapped In Plaid 5-1/4 x 3-5/8
Gold Strip: Gold Glimmer Paper 5-1/4 x 1
Sentiment piece: Whisper White
- Die cut your large star using a piece of DSP from the Wrapped In Plaid stack and the Stitched Stars Dies
- Die cut 4 more stars with Shaded Spruce card stock and glue all the stars in a stack, topping the stack off with the plaid star
- Die cut 4 different size stars in Gold Glimmer paper
- Die cut a few small plaid stars
- Die cut your sentiment piece from the Wild Rose Dies using a piece of Whisper White Card Stock
- Stamp the Sentiment from the Christmas Gleaming Stamp Set using Tuxedo Memento Black Ink (stamp the sentiment to the right side of the die cut piece)
Putting the card together:
- Adhere your gold strip to the bottom of the card front
- Adhere you DSP panel to the front of the card overlapping the gold strip
- Adhere your sentiment with dimensionals to the front of the card and off to the right side a tad
- Adhere you large plaid star with dimensionals on top of the sentiment piece
- Tuck the other starts in and around the plaid star
- make a triple White Linen Thread bow and attach it to the right side of the large star
- Color in some Rhinestones with your Cherry Cobbler Stampin Blend and add them the centers of the large detailed gold stars
- Add on small Rhinestone to the sentiment piece and your are done!
Here is the card that inspired my Alternate Monday card:
Can I help you?
Do you need product to make this card and need a demonstrator? I would be happy to answer any questions or assist you. You can either click the “shop with me button” which directs you to my online store or click the “contact me” button for further help. Happy Stamping, Kristi
My Customer loyalty program & my way of saying THANK YOU for choosing me as your Demonstrator.
- Earn a Butterfly for each $25.00 in Stampin’ Up! products that you order through me. (before shipping and tax) Collect 20 Butterflies and earn free product valued at $30.00
- Current Butterfly Club members also receive all Stampin’ Up! catalogs for free!
- Butterflies are calculated per order and cannot be combined with other orders made within the same month.
These are the products I used to make my card: