Hi Stampers, It’s Alternate Monday day. That means I am sharing a card taken from the blog hop that I participate in each Thursday. I am taking either the sketch or color challenge and making a second card that is close to or similar to the posted card from the hop. I want to inspire you to get different looks for your card by mixing it up a bit by color and design. Today I used the same layout, with a twist and changed the colors to give the card an “Alternate” look.
Stampin’ Up! Snowflake Wishes:
This alternate look took on another twist by turning the card to portrait instead of landscape. Even this small change made a big difference.
Card base: Balmy Blue 4-1/4 x 11, scored at 5-1/2
Mat: Pacific Point 4 x 5-1/4
Art piece: Whisper White 3-7/8 x 5-1/8
DSP: Snowflake Splendor 3 x 4-1/2
Sentiment: Whisper White die cut the the Stitched Nested Dies approx. 2-1/4 x 1-1/4
- Die cut 3 snowflakes using the So Many Snowflake Dies using the Pacific Point card stock
- Stamp 1 large snowflake onto Whisper White card stock using Balmy Blue Ink and die cut the snowflake our using the So Many Snowflake Die
- Die cut the Center of the Whisper White art piece using the die from So Many Snowflakes
- Stamp the sentiment from the Snowman Season stamp set onto the Whisper White Die from the Stitched Nested Dies in Black Tuxedo Memento Ink
Putting the card together:
- Adhere your DSP panel to the Pacific Point mat
- Adhere your art piece on top of the DSP and Pacific Point mat
- Attach this panel to the front of the card with Dimensionals
- Attach the sentiment to the center of the cut out with Dimensionals
- Attach your snow flakes to the front of the card with glue dots
- Adhere Rhinestones in the center of the snowflakes
- Adhere some Artistry in Bloom Sequins here and there on the cards along with a few Rhinestones you are done
Another color variation:
Here is the same card done with another color version of the Snowflake Splendor DSP and Balmy Blue Glimmer paper
Here is the card from our Thursday Blog Hop that inspired my “Alternate” look
Can I help you?
Do you need product to make this card and need a demonstrator? I would be happy to answer any questions or assist you. You can either click the “shop with me button” which directs you to my online store or click the “contact me” button for further help. Happy Stamping, Kristi
My Customer loyalty program & my way of saying THANK YOU for choosing me as your Demonstrator.
- Earn a Butterfly for each $50.00 in Stampin’ Up! products that you order through me. (before shipping and tax) Collect 8 Butterflies and earn free product valued at $30.00
- Current Butterfly Club members also receive all Stampin’ Up! catalogs for free!
- Butterflies are calculated per order and cannot be combined with other orders made within the same month.
These are the products I used to make my card: