Hi Stampers, It’s Alternate Monday day. That means I am sharing a card taken from the blog hop that I participate in each Thursday. I am taking either the sketch or color challenge and making a second card that is close to or similar to the posted card from the hop. I want to inspire you to get different looks for your card by mixing it up a bit by color and design. Today I used the same layout, with a twist and changed the colors to give the card an “Alternate” look.
For Unto Us and Snowflake Splendor:
Card base: Real Red 8-1/2 x 7, scored at 3-1/2
Mat: Gold Foil 8-1/4 x 3-1/4
Art piece: Whisper White 8-1/8 x 3-1/8
- Stamp the sentiment from the For Unto Us stamp set with Versa Mark Ink
- Sprinkle White Embossing Power over the inked sentiment, shake off the extra powder and heat emboss with your heat tool
- Using your Blending Brush ink the top 2/3 of the card with Real Red ink. Use a light touch and always start inking off the paper and move to the paper lightly and with small circular motions
- Repeat the inking with several passes until you get the color and blend that you want
- Repeat with one last inking using Cherry Cobbler ink at the top to intensify the color just a bit
- After your ink has dried take a soft tissue and wipe the ink off the embossed sentiment to remover the extra ink
- Ink several cluster of Real Red ink snowflakes from the Snowflake Splendor stamp set onto the front of the card
- Die cut your snowflakes using the So Many Snowflake Dies using Whisper White, Real Red and Gold card stock
Putting the card together:
- Adhere your art piece to the Gold mat
- Adhere your snowflakes to the front of the card with a small dot of liquid glue
- Cut the snowflake edges where they over hang on the side of the card with paper snips
- Adhere this panel to the front of the card with Dimensionals
- Attach Gilded Gems to the center of the Whisper White and Real Red snowflakes
- Attach a Rhinestone to the center of the gold snowflakes and here and there on the front of the card for added sparkle
Here is the card from our Thursday Blog Hop that inspired todays “Alternate” look
Can I help you?
Do you need product to make this card and need a demonstrator? I would be happy to answer any questions or assist you. You can either click the “shop with me button” which directs you to my online store or click the “contact me” button for further help. Happy Stamping, Kristi
My Customer loyalty program & my way of saying THANK YOU for choosing me as your Demonstrator.
- Earn a Butterfly for each $50.00 in Stampin’ Up! products that you order through me. (before shipping and tax) Collect 8 Butterflies and earn free product valued at $30.00
- Current Butterfly Club members also receive all Stampin’ Up! catalogs for free!
- Butterflies are calculated per order and cannot be combined with other orders made within the same month.
These are the products I used to make my card: