Hi Stampers, It’s Alternate Monday day. That means I am sharing a card taken from the blog hop that I participate in each Thursday. I am taking either the sketch or color challenge and making a second card that is close to or similar to the posted card from the hop. I want to inspire you to get different looks for your card by mixing it up a bit by color and design. Today I used the same layout, with a twist and changed the colors to give the card an “Alternate” look. Thank you Mary Deatherage for the inspiration to use the DSP paper to cut out my flower!
Stampin’ Up! Poinsettia Petals:
Card base: Soft Suede 4-1/4 x 11, scored at 5-1/2
Mat: Whisper White 4 x 5-1/4
DSP panels: 2- Poinsettia Place panels cut with the 3rd largest Stitched Rectangle Die
Sentiment: Whisper White die cut with the Hippo and Friends Die (small)
Sentiment mat: Soft Suede die cut with the Hippo and Friends Die (medium)
- Die cut your poinsettia from the DSP that matches up to the die in the Poinsettia Die set
- Die cut two more poinsettias from Whisper White card stock and the Poinsettia Die
- Glue the two White die cuts together and then glue the DSP poinsettia on top of the stacked die (this give some body and depth to the flower)
- Stamp 3 small leaves; 2 in Old Olive Ink onto Old Olive card stock and 1 in Garden Green Ink onto Garden Green card stock
- Die cut 3 solid berry stems from the Poinsettia Dies using Brushed Copper Metallic card stock
- Stamp the sentiment from the Itty Bitty Christmas stamp set with Early Espresso Ink onto the small Whisper White Hippo and Friends Die
- Mat the sentiment with the medium Soft Suede Hippo and Friends Die cut
Putting the card together:
- Adhere the Whisper White mat onto the card front
- Adhere the two Poinsettia Place DSP Stitched Rectangle panels onto the front of the card at an angle with Stampin Seal
- Adhere the sentiment to the top center of the card with Dimensionals
- Adhere the stacked poinsettia to the left of the sentiment with Dimensioanls
- Tuck the holly leaves under the poinsettia petal and adhere with a glue dot
- Adhere your copper solid berries around the poinsettia
- (the reason I do the embellishments last is it is easier to know where to place the leaves and filler after the flower is in place)
- Adhere some Elegant Faceted Gems here and there on the front of the card
- Add a copper bow from the Basket Weave and Metallic Ribbon Combo Pack to the left side of the poinsettia
Here is the card from our Thursday Blog Hop that inspired my “alternate” look
Can I help you?
Do you need product to make this card and need a demonstrator? I would be happy to answer any questions or assist you. You can either click the “shop with me button” which directs you to my online store or click the “contact me” button for further help. Happy Stamping, Kristi
My Customer loyalty program & my way of saying THANK YOU for choosing me as your Demonstrator.
- Earn a Butterfly for each $50.00 in Stampin’ Up! products that you order through me. (before shipping and tax) Collect 8 Butterflies and earn free product valued at $30.00
- Current Butterfly Club members also receive all Stampin’ Up! catalogs for free!
- Butterflies are calculated per order and cannot be combined with other orders made within the same month.
These are the products I used to make my card: