Hi Stampers, It’s Alternate Monday day. That means I am sharing a card taken from the blog hop that I participate in each Thursday. I am taking either the sketch or color challenge and making a second card that is close to or similar to the posted card from the hop. I want to inspire you to get different looks for your card by mixing it up a bit by color and design. Today I used the same layout, with a twist and changed the colors to give the card an “Alternate” look.
Stampin’ Up” Piece of Cake:
Here is the recipe:
Card base: Night of Navy 5-1/2 x 8-1/2, score at 4-1/4 then cut 2-1/8 off one side of the 4-1/4 flap
Mat: Whisper White 2 x 5-3/8
DSP: Happiness Blooms 1-7/8 x 5-1/4 and 4 x 5-1/4
Rectangle: Whisper White Stitched Rectangle Framelits4-1/8 x 2-3/4
Mat: Night of Navy 3 x 2-3/4
Here is the recipe:
The art piece:
- With your scoring blade, score your rectangle art piece 1-1/8 inches on the right side of the rectangle
- Adhere your Night of Navy mat to the rectangle
- Stamp the sentiment in Night of Navy to the right of the stitched rectangle framelit
- Stamp the cake and cake stand onto a piece of Whisper White card stock
- Color the cake with your Stampin Write markers and Blender Pens :
- Leaves: Call Me Clover, Daisy: Night of Navy, Centers: Daffodil Delight, Roses: Calypso Coral, cake stand: Night of Navy Stampin Blends
- Punch the cake and cake plate out with the matching punch
- Adhere to the left side of the art piece with Mini Stampin Dimensionals
- Adhere your skinny Whisper White panel to the thin DSP panel
- Wrap a piece of Night of Navy Bakers Twine around the panel
- Attach this panel to the thin flap on the front of the card
- Adhere you art piece to the large DSP mat (the fold goes on the back of this panel)
- Adhere your DSP mat to the inside of the card
- Add a Night of Navy bow to the art piece
- Add a Happiness Bloom Enamel Dot in Calypso Coral to the art piece
Here is the inside:
Here is the card inspiration:
This was the card from the Thursday Blog Hop that inspired my card today. You can see it here:
Can I help you?
Do you need product to make this card and need a demonstrator? I would be happy to answer any questions or assist you. You can either click the “shop with me button” which directs you to my online store or click the “contact me” button for further help. Happy Stamping, Kristi
My Customer loyalty program & my way of saying THANK YOU for choosing me as your Demonstrator.
- Earn a Butterfly for each $25.00 in Stampin’ Up! products that you order through me. (before shipping and tax) Collect 20 Butterflies and earn free product valued at $30.00
- Current Butterfly Club members also receive all Stampin’ Up! catalogs for free!
- Butterflies are calculated per order and cannot be combined with other orders made within the same month.
These are the products I used to make my card: