Hi Stampers, It’s Alternate Monday day. That means I am sharing a card taken from the blog hop that I participate in each Thursday. I am taking either the sketch or color challenge and making a second card that is close to or similar to the posted card from the hop. I want to inspire you to get different looks for your card by mixing it up a bit by color and design. Today I used the same layout, with a twist and changed the colors to give the card an “Alternate” look.
Stampin’ Up! Painted Poppies:
Card base: Poppy Parade 4-1/4 x 11, scored at 5-1/2
Mat: Basic Black 3-7/8 x 5-1/4
Art piece: Whisper White die cut with the largest Rectangle Stitched Die
- Stamp the large and small poppy image from the Painted Poppies stamp set onto Whisper White art piece with your Tuxedo Memento Black Ink. (I masked off the large poppy so I could get some of images behind each other)
- Stamp the single leaf images from the Painted Poppies stamp set around the stamped poppy images with your Tuxedo Memento Black Ink
- Color in your poppies with your Poppy Parade Stampin Blends
- Color in the leaves with your Old Olive Stampin Blends
- Dilute some Tuxedo Black Ink with a bit of water and with a paint brush, splatter the ink onto the front of the art piece, let this dry
- Die cut the word “birthday” 3 times using the word from the Well Written Dies
- Glue the “birthday” words together to make a thick layer
- Stamp the Happy from the Seaside Shore stamp in Vera Mark ink and White Embossing Power onto Basic Black card stock, heat set with your heat gun
Putting the card together:
- Attach your art piece to the black mat
- Wrap a piece of Whisper White Bakers Twine around this panel twice
- Attach the panel to the front of the card with dimensionals
- Attach your “Happy” to the front of the card with dimensionals
- Glue your stacked “Birthday” word to the front of the card with liquid glue
- Add a double Whisper White Bakers Twine bow to the left of the happy birthday greeting
- Add some Peaceful Poppies Sequins here and there around your card and you are done
Here is the card inspiration:
Here is the card from Thursdays Blog Hop. I used the same basic color and the same stamp set but look how they are so different.
Can I help you?
Do you need product to make this card and need a demonstrator? I would be happy to answer any questions or assist you. You can either click the “shop with me button” which directs you to my online store or click the “contact me” button for further help. Happy Stamping, Kristi
My Customer loyalty program & my way of saying THANK YOU for choosing me as your Demonstrator.
- Earn a Butterfly for each $50.00 in Stampin’ Up! products that you order through me. (before shipping and tax) Collect 8 Butterflies and earn free product valued at $30.00
- Current Butterfly Club members also receive all Stampin’ Up! catalogs for free!
- Butterflies are calculated per order and cannot be combined with other orders made within the same month.
These are the products I used to make my card: