Hi Stampers, It’s Alternate Monday day. That means I am sharing a card taken from the blog hop that I participate in each Thursday. I am taking either the sketch or color challenge and making a second card that is close to or similar to the posted card from the hop. I want to inspire you to get different looks for your card by mixing it up a bit by color and design. Today I used the same layout, with a twist and changed the colors to give the card an “Alternate” look.
Stampin’ Up! Life is Beautiful:
( the photograph picked up the iridescence of the snowflake sequins and turned them pink in the picture, rest assured they are just a glittery white on my card)
Card base: Whisper White 4-1/4 x 11, scored at 5-1/2
Mat: Pool Party 4 x 5-1/4 embossed with the Tasteful Textile EF
DSP panel: Snowflake Splendor 4 x 2-3/8
Art piece: Whisper White die cut with the rectangle Stitched die (3 x 4-3/8)
Sentiment: Whisper White die cut with the Stitched Rectangle Die
Inside: Whisper White 4 x 5-1/4
the art piece
- Stamp the tree from the Life is Beautiful stamp set in Gray Granite Ink to the left hand side of the art piece
- Ink the circle dot image from Life is Beautiful on the tree branches as follows:
- Stamp the first set of dots in Pool Party Ink
- Stamp the dots a second time in 2nd generation Pool Party Ink off set from the first stamping
- Stamp the sentiment from the Snowflake Wishes stamp set in Versa Mark Ink
- Sprinkle Silver Emboss Powder on the sentiment and heat emboss the image
- Attach the sentiment to the bottom part of the art piece
Putting the card together:
- Attach your DSP to the bottom of the embossed Pool Party panel
- Wrap a piece of Snowflake Splendor Ribbon around the panel on the seem between the two panels of paper
- Attach this panel to the front of the card with Dimensionals
- Adhere your art piece to the front of the card with Dimensionals
- Adhere some Silver sequins from the Sequins for Everything pack to the tree foliage and a few down by the sentiment
- Adhere some Snowflake Adhesive Backed Sequins to the tree foliage
- Adhere a few Snowflake Sequin to the foliage too
- Attach a Snowflake Splendor bow to the left hand side of the art piece and you are done
Here is the card from our Thursday Blog hop that inspired the “alternate” look
Can I help you?
Do you need product to make this card and need a demonstrator? I would be happy to answer any questions or assist you. You can either click the “shop with me button” which directs you to my online store or click the “contact me” button for further help. Happy Stamping, Kristi
My Customer loyalty program & my way of saying THANK YOU for choosing me as your Demonstrator.
- Earn a Butterfly for each $50.00 in Stampin’ Up! products that you order through me. (before shipping and tax) Collect 8 Butterflies and earn free product valued at $30.00
- Current Butterfly Club members also receive all Stampin’ Up! catalogs for free!
- Butterflies are calculated per order and cannot be combined with other orders made within the same month.