Hi Stampers, It’s Alternate Monday day. That means I am sharing a card taken from the blog hop that I participate in each Thursday. I am taking either the sketch or color challenge and making a second card that is close to or similar to the posted card from the hop. I want to inspire you to get different looks for your card by mixing it up a bit by color and design. Today I used the same layout, with a twist and changed the colors to give the card an “Alternate” look.
Stampin’ Up! “Dashing Deer”:
Here is the recipe for the card:
Card base: Cherry Cobbler 5-1/2 x 8-1/2, scored at 4-1/4
Mat: Festive Farmhouse DSP 5-1/4 x 4
Small mat: Mossy Meadow 4-5/8 x 3-3/8
Small panel: Festive Farmhouse DSP 4-1/2 x 3-1/4
Sentiment: Very Vanilla 3/4 x 3-1/2 punched with the Triple Banner Punch
Here are the details:
The art piece:
- Die cut a Cherry Cobbler Scallop circle from the Layering Circle Framelits
- Die cut a Very Vanilla circle from the Stitched Circle Framelits (the largest one) and emboss with the Swirls and Curls EF
- Die cut the deer from Festive Farmhouse DSP using the Detailed Deer Thinlits Dies
- Adhere the large DSP panel to the front of the card
- Adhere your Festive Farmhouse DSP to the Mossy Meadow mat
- Wrap a piece of Festive Farmhouse Cotton Twine in Cherry Cobbler and Mossy Meadow around the panel
- Adhere your matted stack of the front of the card with dimensionals
- Adhere your matted circle to the front of the card with dimensionals
- Adhere your deer to the embossed circle
The last details:
- Stamp your sentiment in Mossy Meadow ink and adhere the sentiment to the front of the card
- Punch a few sprigs from the Sprigs punch using some DSP from the Festive Farmhouse DSP and a few from Mossy Meadow card stock
- Nip the tip of each sprig and use these tiny leaves to make the embellishment on the deer’s neck
- Die cut a tiny flower from Cherry Cobbler using the Detailed Deer die flower and adhere this to the middle of the leaf cluster
- Top the card of with a Gold Metallic Pearl in the center of the flower and then scatter a few more around the embossed circle
- Add a double bow of Festive Farmhouse Cotton Twine to the right on the embossed circle
Here is the card inspiration:
Here is my card from the Thursday Blog, you can see it here:
Can I help you?
Do you need product to make this card and need a demonstrator? I would be happy to answer any questions or assist you. You can either click the “shop with me button” which directs you to my online store or click the “contact me” button for further help. Happy Stamping, Kristi
My Customer loyalty program & my way of saying THANK YOU for choosing me as your Demonstrator.
- Earn a Butterfly for each $25.00 in Stampin’ Up! products that you order through me. (before shipping and tax) Collect 20 Butterflies and earn free product valued at $30.00
- Current Butterfly Club members also receive all Stampin’ Up! catalogs for free!
- Butterflies are calculated per order and cannot be combined with other orders made within the same month.
These are the products I used to make my card: