Hi Stampers, It’s Alternate Monday day. That means I am sharing a card taken from the blog hop that I participate in each Thursday. I am taking either the sketch or color challenge and making a second card that is close to or similar to the posted card from the hop. I want to inspire you to get different looks for your card by mixing it up a bit by color and design. Today I used the same layout, with a twist and changed the colors to give the card an “Alternate” look.
Stampin’ Up! Butterfly Gala Card:
Card base: Bumblebee 5-1/2 x 8-1/2, scored at 4-1/4
Mat: Early Espresso 5-1/4 x 4
Panel: Ornate Garden DSP 5-1/8 x 3-7/8
- Stamp the Butterfly image using the image from the Butterfly Gala stamp set onto Whisper White card stock with Tuxedo Memento Black Ink
- Color in the butterfly with your sponge daubers using Bumblebee and Terracotta Tile Ink
- Punch out the butterfly with the Butterfly Duet Punch
- Stamp your Thanks sentiment from the Ornate Thanks stamp set with Early Espresso Ink onto Whisper White card stock
- Stamp your other sentiment from the Ornate Thanks stamp set with Versa Mark ink below the Thanks sentiment
- Heat emboss this part of the sentiment with Gold Emboss Powder
- Die cut the sentiment out with the die from Ornate Layers
Putting the card together:
- Mount your DSP panel to the Early Espresso mat
- Wrap a piece of Metallic Trim from the Forever Greenery Trim Pack
- Adhere this to the front of your Bumblebee card front with Dimensionals
- Adhere your Thanks sentiment to the front of the card with Dimensionals
- Adhere your two butterflies to the front of the card with a Dimensional
- Add a Metallic Trim bow to the left of the sentiment
- Add some Gold Sequins and pearls her and there to the front of the card for added sparkle
Here is the card from our Thursday Blog Hop that inspired today “Alternate Look”
Can I help you?
Do you need product to make this card and need a demonstrator? I would be happy to answer any questions or assist you. You can either click the “shop with me button” which directs you to my online store or click the “contact me” button for further help. Happy Stamping, Kristi
My Customer loyalty program & my way of saying THANK YOU for choosing me as your Demonstrator.
- Earn a Butterfly for each $50.00 in Stampin’ Up! products that you order through me. (before shipping and tax) Collect 8 Butterflies and earn free product valued at $30.00
- Current Butterfly Club members also receive all Stampin’ Up! catalogs for free!
- Butterflies are calculated per order and cannot be combined with other orders made within the same month.
These are the products I used to make my card:
Sorry the program I use to make my product list is down at the posting of my blog