Hi Stampers, It’s Alternate Monday day. That means I am sharing a card taken from the blog hop that I participate in each Thursday. I am taking either the sketch or color challenge and making a second card that is close to or similar to the posted card from the hop. I want to inspire you to get different looks for your card by mixing it up a bit by color and design. Today I used the same layout, with a twist and changed the colors to give the card an “Alternate” look.
Stampin’ Up! Gift Card Holders:
Here is the recipe:
Gift card holder base: Misty Moonlight 7-3/4 x 5
DSP panels: Boho Indigo 4-3/4 x 2-1/2 and 4-3/4 x 1-1/2
Here are the details:
- Score the gift card holder at 6 and 2-1/2 inches
- Adhere the DSP panels and the front top flap and to the front of the holder
- Before gluing the side of the holder, take a circle punch and punch a notch into the bottom flap, this will make getting the gift card out a bit easier
- Using Tear and Tape adhere the bottom flap on the gift card holder together (this forms the pocket for the gift card)
- Die cut a Whisper White Circle cut from the Stitched Shape Die (largest)
- Stamp the sentiment on the circle with Versa Mark Ink using the saying from the Forever Fern stamp set
- Sprinkle with Gold Emboss Powder and heat set with your heat tool
- Die cut a Coordinating Misty Moonlight mat using the Layering Circle Dies
- Adhere your sentiment to the Misty Moonlight scallop mat
- Punch out the leaves from the Boho Indigo Product Medley Kit
- Punch some Brass leaves with the leaf punch (retired) but any leaf shape will do, so use what you have on hand
- Adhere your sentiment piece to the front of the gift card holder (only adhering the top so your gift card holder opens up)
- Attach your Boho Indigo leaves and brass leaves to the right side of the sentiment piece
Finishing the card:
- Add a Misty Moonlight bow to the leaf cluster
- Add a few Gilded Gems here and there for added sparkle
I made 3 other gift card holders. The holders are all DSP, from the Boho Indigo Product Medley. Use your imagination and supplies you have on hand to make more gift card holders or make one of the options I shared with your today.
Option 1: Sentiment from the Tasteful Touches stamp set
Option 2: Sentiment from the Ornate Thanks stamp set
Option 3: Sentiment from the Forever Fern stamp set
Here are a few of the gift card holders from our Thursday Blog Hop that inspired todays “alternate” look
Can I help you?
Do you need product to make this card and need a demonstrator? I would be happy to answer any questions or assist you. You can either click the “shop with me button” which directs you to my online store or click the “contact me” button for further help. Happy Stamping, Kristi
My Customer loyalty program & my way of saying THANK YOU for choosing me as your Demonstrator.
- Earn a Butterfly for each $50.00 in Stampin’ Up! products that you order through me. (before shipping and tax) Collect 8 Butterflies and earn free product valued at $30.00
- Current Butterfly Club members also receive all Stampin’ Up! catalogs for free!
- Butterflies are calculated per order and cannot be combined with other orders made within the same month.
These are the products I used to make my card: