Hi Stampers, It’s Alternate Monday day. That means I am sharing a card taken from the blog hop that I participate in each Thursday. I am taking either the sketch or color challenge and making a second card that is close to or similar to the posted card from the hop. I want to inspire you to get different looks for your card by mixing it up a bit by color and design. Today I used the same layout, with a twist and changed the colors to give the card an “Alternate” look.
Stampin’ Up! Birds and Branches Christmas Card:
Card base: Highland Heather 4-1/4 x 11, scored at 5-1/2
Panel: Snowflake Spendor DSP 4 x 5-1/4
Art piece: Whisper White 3-7/8 x 5-1/8
Sentiment Whisper White 5/8 x 3-1/2
- Stamp 3 birds from the Birds and Branches stamp set in Pacific Point and Highland Heather
- (Stamp the wing/body stamp in Pacific Point and then in second solid stamp in Highland Heather
- Die cut the birds out using the Birds and More Die Set
- Die cut your snowflakes using the So Many Snowflakes dies as follows:
- Balmy Blue Glimmer Paper: 2 small the one large snowflake
- Highland Heather card stock: 1 medium snowflake
- Whisper White card stock: 1 small snowflake
- Stamp the sentiment using the saying from Poinsettia Petals stamp set on the the 5/8 sentiment piece with Pacific Point Ink
Preparing the art piece:
- Take three circle dies from the Layering Circle dies and arrange them onto the Whisper White art piece
- The circles I used measure approx. 1-3/8, 1-5/8 and 1-7/8
- Die cut the circles out
- Emboss the art piece with the Subtle EF
- Adhere your sentiment to the art piece below the middle left circle with Glue Dots
Putting the card together:
- Adhere the Snowflake Splendor DSP to the card front
- Adhere the art piece to the front of the card with Dimensionals
- Attach a bird to the bottom left hand circle opening
- Cut the middle bird down so he fits in the middle circle and attach him inside the circle with a Glue Dot
- Cut the top bird down so he fits in the top circle and attach him inside with a Glue Dot
- Stack your large Balmy Blue, medium Highland Heather and small Whisper White snowflake together with glue dots
- Place this stack of snowflakes to the right side of the bottom circle opening
- Add a small Balmy Blue snow flake to the middle and upper circle with Glue Dots
- Add a Blue Adhesive Gem to the center of each snowflake
- Add a few more Blue Adhesive gems on the card front along with a few Basic Rhinestones for added sparkle
Here is the card from the Thursday Blog Hop that inspired the “Alternate” look
Can I help you?
Do you need product to make this card and need a demonstrator? I would be happy to answer any questions or assist you. You can either click the “shop with me button” which directs you to my online store or click the “contact me” button for further help. Happy Stamping, Kristi
My Customer loyalty program & my way of saying THANK YOU for choosing me as your Demonstrator.
- Earn a Butterfly for each $50.00 in Stampin’ Up! products that you order through me. (before shipping and tax) Collect 8 Butterflies and earn free product valued at $30.00
- Current Butterfly Club members also receive all Stampin’ Up! catalogs for free!
- Butterflies are calculated per order and cannot be combined with other orders made within the same month.
These are the products I used to make my card: