Hi Stampers, It’s Alternate Monday day. That means I am sharing a card taken from the blog hop that I participate in each Thursday. I am taking either the sketch or color challenge and making a second card that is close to or similar to the posted card from the hop. I want to inspire you to get different looks for your card by mixing it up a bit by color and design. Today I used the same layout, with a twist and changed the colors to give the card an “Alternate” look.
Stampin’ Up! Bird Ballad:
Card base: Whisper White 5-1/2 x 8-1/2, scored at 4-1/4
Mat: Bird Ballad 5-1/2 x 4-1/4
Art piece: Whisper White 4 x 2-3/4
Art piece mat: Pool Party 4-1/8 x 2- 7/8
Scollop trim: Whisper White 2-1/2 x 4-3/4 cut with the Budding Blooms Dies
the bird and branch: (thank you Patty Bennett for the inspiration on coloring my birds)
- Stamp the bird and branch images from the Bird Ballad Stamp Set onto the Whisper White art piece with Tuxedo Momento Ink
- Color your birds using your Stampin Blends as follows
- Orange birds, Calypso Coral and Daffodil Delight
- Blue birds: Pool Party and Daffodil Delight
- Color your branch with Stampin Blends as follows:
- Leaves: Old Olive
- flowers: Calypso Coral and Daffodil Delight
- Branch: Soft Suede
- Stamp and the leaf image and one each of each of the flower images from the Bird Ballad Stamp Set
- Color them in as follows:
- Large Flower: Calypso Coral
- Small Flower: Pool Part
- Leaves: Old Olive
- When you finish coloring in your flowers and leaves, fussy cut them out with your paper snips
putting the card together:
- Adhere your Bird Ballad DSP panel to the front of the card base
- Adhere the art piece to the Pool Party mat and adhere to the front of the card with dimensionals
- Tuck the scallop Whisper White trim under the matted art piece
- Adhere your large flower with dimensionals to the bottom left hand side of the art piece and then tuck in the leaf and tiny flower with a glue dot
- Stamp your sentiment from Itty Bitty Greetings onto a piece of Whisper White Card Stock and punch it our with the Classic Label Punch
- Attach your sentiment to bottom right side of the art piece, letting it overhang just a bit.
- Add some rhinestones for added sparkle
Here is the card from my Thursday Blog Hop that inspired today’s “Alternate” look
Can I help you?
Do you need product to make this card and need a demonstrator? I would be happy to answer any questions or assist you. You can either click the “shop with me button” which directs you to my online store or click the “contact me” button for further help. Happy Stamping, Kristi
My Customer loyalty program & my way of saying THANK YOU for choosing me as your Demonstrator.
- Earn a Butterfly for each $25.00 in Stampin’ Up! products that you order through me. (before shipping and tax) Collect 20 Butterflies and earn free product valued at $30.00
- Current Butterfly Club members also receive all Stampin’ Up! catalogs for free!
- Butterflies are calculated per order and cannot be combined with other orders made within the same month.