Hi Stampers, It’s Alternate Monday day. That means I am sharing a card taken from the blog hop that I participate in each Thursday. I am taking either the sketch or color challenge and making a second card that is close to or similar to the posted card from the hop. I want to inspire you to get different looks for your card by mixing it up a bit by color and design. Today I used the same layout, with a twist and changed the colors to give the card an “Alternate” look.
Stampin’ Up! Floral Essence:
I turned this card from portrait to landscape, changed stamp sets and color to make this “Alternate Look” It is amazing how different they look by mixing it up a bit!
Card base: Soft Suede 5-1/2 x 8-1/2, scored at 4-1/4
Mat: Terracotta Tile 5-1/4 x 4
DSP panel: Mosaic Mood 5-1/8 x 3-7/8
Die cut edge panel: Mint Macaron 5-1/8 x 1-1/2 (die cut the bottom on this panel with the die from Magnolia Memory)
DSP panel on top of the Die cut panel: Mosaic Mood 5-1/8 x 2
- Stamp your floral images with Terracotta Tile Ink stamp. (1 large flower and 2 small flower using the image from Floral Essence Stamp Set onto Whisper White Card Stock)
- Color in the flowers centers using your dark Daffodil Delight Stampin Blend
- Fussy cut your flowers with paper snips
- Stamp your leaves in Garden Green Ink onto Whisper White Card Stock
- Punch them out with the leaf punch
Putting the card together:
- Adhere the layers as follows:
- Adhere your large Mosaic Mood panel the the Terracotta Tile mat
- Adhere your small piece of DSP on top of the Mint Macaron die cut panel, letting the die cut end show about 1/2 inch
- Wrap a piece of Textile Ribbon around the DSP/die cut panel
- Adhere the panel to the center of the matted panel
- Attach this stack to the front of the card
- Adhere your 3 flowers, with dimensionals and glue dots
- Tuck in your leaves under the flowers and adhere with glue dots
- Add a Textile bow to the cluster of 2 flowers
- Stamp your sentiment from the Praiseworthy Prose Stamp set onto a piece of Whisper White Card Stock (4 x 3/4)
- Punch the end your sentiment out with the Triple Banner Punch
- Adhere this to the front of the card with glue dots
- Add some Terracotta Tile Faceted Dots for added dimension
Here is the card from my Thursday Blog Hop. Which card is your favorite? You can see the card here:
Can I help you?
Do you need product to make this card and need a demonstrator? I would be happy to answer any questions or assist you. You can either click the “shop with me button” which directs you to my online store or click the “contact me” button for further help. Happy Stamping, Kristi
My Customer loyalty program & my way of saying THANK YOU for choosing me as your Demonstrator.
- Earn a Butterfly for each $25.00 in Stampin’ Up! products that you order through me. (before shipping and tax) Collect 20 Butterflies and earn free product valued at $30.00
- Current Butterfly Club members also receive all Stampin’ Up! catalogs for free!
- Butterflies are calculated per order and cannot be combined with other orders made within the same month.
These are the products I used to make my card: