Hi Stampers, It’s Alternate Monday day. That means I am sharing a card taken from the blog hop that I participate in each Thursday. I am taking either the sketch or color challenge and making a second card that is close to or similar to the posted card from the hop. I want to inspire you to get different looks for your card by mixing it up a bit by color and design. Today I used the same layout, with a twist and changed the colors to give the card an “Alternate” look.
Stampin’ Up! Tropical Chic:
Here is the card recipe:
Card base: Whisper White 4-1/4 x 11, scored at 5-1/2
Mat: Basic Black 3-7/8 x 4-1/8
DSP panel: Tropical Escape 3-3/4 x 4
Art piece: Whisper White 2-3/4 x 5
Art piece mat: Basic Black 2-7/8 x 5-1/8
Here are the details:
the art piece:
- Stamp your flower cluster in Blushing Bride Ink onto the art piece using the Tropical Chic stamp set
- Stamp 3 extra large flowers in Blushing Bride Ink onto a piece of scrap Whisper White card stock and die cut the flowers out
- Stamp your leaves in Granny Apple Green Ink
- Stamp one fan leaf onto Whisper White card stock using Granny Apple Green Ink, thumped around the edges with Shaded Spruce, die cut it out
- Stamp the splatters in Black Ink using the splatter stamp from Heart Come Home stamp set
- (Don’t worry that your stamped images are overlapping as the cut out flowers will cover up the overlap)
- Mount your art piece onto the black mat
- Wrap a piece of Granny Apple Green Ribbon around the art piece with glue dots
- Adhere your large die cut flowers with dimensionals over the stamped images
- Adhere your fan leaf with glue dots
- Die cut the sentiment using Basic Black card stock and the Celebrat You Thinlits die and adhere to the bottom of the art piece
- Mount your Tropical Escape panel into the Black mat
- Mount your DSP panel to the front of the card
- Mount your art piece to the front of the card with dimensionals
Even more details:
- Add a Granny Apple Green bow to the front of the art piece
- Add a wood flower from the Tropical Elements tied with a white bakers twine knot
- Adhere some small pearls from the Share What You Love pack
Here is the card inspiration:
Here is the card from the Thursday Blog Hop that inspired my card today. You can see it here:
Can I help you?
Do you need product to make this card and need a demonstrator? I would be happy to answer any questions or assist you. You can either click the “shop with me button” which directs you to my online store or click the “contact me” button for further help. Happy Stamping, Kristi
My Customer loyalty program & my way of saying THANK YOU for choosing me as your Demonstrator.
- Earn a Butterfly for each $25.00 in Stampin’ Up! products that you order through me. (before shipping and tax) Collect 20 Butterflies and earn free product valued at $30.00
- Current Butterfly Club members also receive all Stampin’ Up! catalogs for free!
- Butterflies are calculated per order and cannot be combined with other orders made within the same month.
These are the products I used to make my card: