Hi Stampers, It’s Alternate Monday day. That means I am sharing a card taken from the blog hop that I participate in each Thursday. I am taking either the sketch or color challenge and making a second card that is close to or similar to the posted card from the hop. I want to inspire you to get different looks for your card by mixing it up a bit by color and design. Today I used the same layout, with a twist and changed the colors to give the card an “Alternate” look.
Stampin’ Up! Joseph Coat and Lovely As A Tree:
Here is the recipe:
Card base: Very Vanilla 5-1/2 x 8-1/2, scored at 4-1/4
Mat: Very Vanilla 5-1/4 x 4 Embossed with the Woodland EF
Art piece mat: Mango Melody 4-1/8 x 3-1/4
Art piece: Very Vanilla 4 x 3-1/8
Sentiment: Very Vanilla 3-1/4 x 3/4
The art piece and Joseph Coat technique:
- using your sponge daubers with Pumpkin Pie, Mango Melody and Daffodil Delight Inks, rub random circles all over the front of the art piece, smudging the colors together so there are no hard edges
- With your Vera Mark ink, stamp the tree image onto the art piece with all the color rubbed on it
- Sprinkle clear embossing powder over your stamped image and then heat set with your heat gun
- With another sponge Dauber cover the entire image including the trees in Early Espresso Ink. (The ink will resist the tree image that has been heat embossed with the clear emboss powder)
- After a few coats of Early Espresso ink, take a clean paper towel and rub the excess ink off the trees
- Mount your art piece onto the Mango Melody mat
- Wrap a piece of the Ivory Tea Room Ribbon around the base of the art piece
- Mount your embossed panel to the card front
- Mount your matted art piece to the front of the card with dimensionals
- Stamp your sentiment from the Happy Birthday Gorgeous stamp set using your Early Espresso Ink
- Mount your sentiment with dimensionals to the front of the card
- Make some loops of the Copper Thread and adhere to the left side of the sentiment piece
- Add a Ivory Tea Room bow and a Leaf Trinket to the left side of the sentiment
Here is the card inspiration:
This is the card from my blog that inspired my Alternate Monday card today. You can see it here:
Can I help you?
Do you need product to make this card and need a demonstrator? I would be happy to answer any questions or assist you. You can either click the “shop with me button” which directs you to my online store or click the “contact me” button for further help. Happy Stamping, Kristi
My Customer loyalty program & my way of saying THANK YOU for choosing me as your Demonstrator.
- Earn a Butterfly for each $25.00 in Stampin’ Up! products that you order through me. (before shipping and tax) Collect 20 Butterflies and earn free product valued at $30.00
- Current Butterfly Club members also receive all Stampin’ Up! catalogs for free!
- Butterflies are calculated per order and cannot be combined with other orders made within the same month.
These are the products I used to make my card: