Hi Stampers, It’s Alternate Monday day. That means I am sharing a card taken from the blog hop that I participate in each Thursday. I am taking either the sketch or color challenge and making a second card that is close to or similar to the posted card from the hop. I want to inspire you to get different looks for your card by mixing it up a bit by color and design. Today I used the same layout, with a twist and changed the colors to give the card an “Alternate” look.
Here was the sketch:
Stampin’ Up Falling for Leaves:
Here is the recipe:
Card base: Basic Black 4-1/4 x 11, scored at 5-1/2
Mat: Whisper White 3-5/8 x 4-7/8
Panel: Bright DSP in Mango Melody 3-1/2 x 4-3/4
Thin strip mat: Basic Black 1-1/2 x 4-1/4
Thin strip: Granny Apple Green 1-3/8 x 4-1/4 ,(stamped with the leaf image in versa mark ink)
Sentiment: 3/4 x 2 (with a flag cut on the right side)
The art piece:
- Stamp the detailed leaf image onto a piece of Whisper White card stock
- Add Black Emboss powder to the stamped image and then heat seat with your heal tool
- Color in the details on the leaf image with your Granny Apple Green and Mango Melody Stampin Markers
- Die cut the leaf with the matching die
- Adhere your Mango Melody DSP to the Whisper White mat
- Adhere this panel to the front of the card with snail
- Adhere the Granny Apple Green panel to the Basic Black mat
- Wrap a piece of White Bakers Twine 3 times around the panel and adhere to the front of the card
- Attach your leaf image to the front of the card with dimensionals
- Stamp your sentiment and attach to the leaf
- Attach a few stands of the black sequin trim to the sentiment
- Make a bow using White Bakers Twine and attach to the sequin trim
- Add some Rhinestones colored with a black sharpie to the front of the card
Here is the card inspiration:
Here is the card from the Thursday Blog Hop. You can see it here:
Can I help you?
Do you need product to make this card and need a demonstrator? I would be happy to answer any questions or assist you. You can either click the “shop with me button” which directs you to my online store or click the “contact me” button for further help. Happy Stamping, Kristi
My Customer loyalty program & my way of saying THANK YOU for choosing me as your Demonstrator.
- Earn a Butterfly for each $25.00 in Stampin’ Up! products that you order through me. (before shipping and tax) Collect 20 Butterflies and earn free product valued at $30.00
- Current Butterfly Club members also receive all Stampin’ Up! catalogs for free!
- Butterflies are calculated per order and cannot be combined with other orders made within the same month.
These are the products I used to make my card: