Hi Stampers, It’s Alternate Monday day. That means I am sharing a card taken from the blog hop that I participate in each Thursday. I am taking either the sketch or color challenge and making a second card that is close to or similar to the posted card from the hop. I want to inspire you to get different looks for your card by mixing it up a bit by color and design. Today I used the same layout, with a twist and changed the colors to give the card an “Alternate” look.
Stampin’ Up! Coffee Cafe:
Here is the card recipe:
Card base: Soft Sky 4-1/4 x 11, scored at 5-1/2
Mat: Soft Suede 4 x 5-1/4
DSP: Coffee Break 3-7/8 x 5-1/8
Square mat: Soft Suede, cut from the Layering Square Framelits
Square art piece: Whisper White, cut from the Circle Stitched Framelits
Here are the details:
The cup details:
- Stamp the cup outline in Soft Suede ink using the stamp from Coffee Cafe and a piece of Coffee Break DSP
- Cut the cup out with the matching die
- Die cut your cup holder in Soft Suede card stock and attach to the front of the cup
- Attach an oval from the Corrugated Elements Pack to the cup holder
- Stamp your whip creme in Soft Suede ink and die cut with the matching framelit
- Stamp your straw in Garden Green and die cut with the matching framelit
The sentiment and square:
- Cut a Soft Suede scallop square from the Layering Square Framelits
- Cut a Whisper White square from the Layering Stitched Framelit
- Stamp some splashes in Soft Sky ink onto the white square using the stamp from Timeless Textures
Attaching the pieces:
- Attach your white square to the Soft Suede mat and attach to the front of the card with dimensionals
- Attach the whip cream and straw to the front of the cup
- Attach your cup to the front of the card with dimensionals
- Stamp your Sentiment onto the Whisper White banner in Garden Green Ink using the happy birthday from Bird Banter ( 3/4 x 3-1/2 inches)
- Cut a tail with your Banner Triple Punch and add a Linen Thread Bow to the left side
- Attach the sentiment to the front of the card, tucking in under the cup and on top of the square art piece
- I decided I just had to add the Tutti Frutti Soft Sky sequins and a Old Olive Glitter dot to the splashes for added pop
Here is the card inspiration:
This is the card from the Thursday hop, you can see it here:
Can I help you?
Do you need product to make this card and need a demonstrator? I would be happy to answer any questions or assist you. You can either click the “shop with me button” which directs you to my online store or click the “contact me” button for further help. Happy Stamping, Kristi
My Customer loyalty program & my way of saying THANK YOU for choosing me as your Demonstrator.
- Earn a Butterfly for each $25.00 in Stampin’ Up! products that you order through me. (before shipping and tax) Collect 20 Butterflies and earn free product valued at $30.00
- Current Butterfly Club members also receive all Stampin’ Up! catalogs for free!
- Butterflies are calculated per order and cannot be combined with other orders made within the same month.
These are the products I used to make my card: