Hi Stampers, It’s Alternate Monday day. That means I am sharing a card taken from the blog hop that I participate in each Thursday. I am taking either the sketch or color challenge and making a second card that is close to or similar to the posted card from the hop. I want to inspire you to get different looks for your card by mixing it up a bit by color and design. Today I used the same layout, with a twist and changed the colors to give the card an “Alternate” look.
Stampin’ Up! Broadway Bound:
Here is the recipe:
Card base: Whisper White 4-1/4 x 11, scored at 5-1/2
Mat: Basic Black 4 x 5-1/4
DSP: Broadway Bound polka dot paper 3-7/8 x 5-1/8
DSP Broadway Bound gold star paper 3-7/8 x 2
Sentiment: Basic Black die cut with the word Celebrate
Here are the details:
- Adhere your DSP panels to the Black mat
- Wrap a piece of Gray Granite Ribbon around the card where the DSP panels meet
- Attach the wrapped matted panel to the front of the card with dimensionals
- Adhere your word “Celebrate” to the bottom part of the card with liquid glue
- Stamp two balloons from the Balloon Celebration stamp set onto Gray Granite paper with Tuxedo Memento Black Ink
- Stamp one balloon onto the gold Broadway Bound DSP with Vera Mark and heat emboss with black emboss powder (regular ink will not adhere to the slick surface of this paper)
- Punch the three balloon out with the coordinating punch
- Stamp the strings with the string stamp from Balloon Celebration
- Attach the balloons as follows: Gold balloon:glue dots, Gray Granite balloon: one dimensional, Gray Granite DSP balloon: double stacked dimensionals
- Tie a gold cord bow and attach with a glue dot to the cluster of balloon strings
- Adhere a few Gold Metallic Pearls that coordinate with the Broadway Bound suite and your card is complete
Here is the card inspiration:
Here is the card from the Thursday Blog, you can see it here:
Can you believe this is the same layout and same DSP pack? Look how different they look by the paper? A little tweak on the balloons to make the cards have good coordination yet they look so different. What a fun way to “alternate” the card!
Can I help you?
Do you need product to make this card and need a demonstrator? I would be happy to answer any questions or assist you. You can either click the “shop with me button” which directs you to my online store or click the “contact me” button for further help. Happy Stamping, Kristi
My Customer loyalty program & my way of saying THANK YOU for choosing me as your Demonstrator.
- Earn a Butterfly for each $25.00 in Stampin’ Up! products that you order through me. (before shipping and tax) Collect 20 Butterflies and earn free product valued at $30.00
- Current Butterfly Club members also receive all Stampin’ Up! catalogs for free!
- Butterflies are calculated per order and cannot be combined with other orders made within the same month.
These are the products I used to make my card: