Hi Stampers, It’s Alternate Monday day. That means I am sharing a card taken from the blog hop that I participate in each Thursday. I am taking either the sketch or color challenge and making a second card that is close to or similar to the posted card from the hop. I want to inspire you to get different looks for your card by mixing it up a bit by color and design. Today I used the same layout, with a twist and changed the colors to give the card an “Alternate” look.
Stampin’ Up! Blossoming Basket:
Here is the card recipe:
Card base: Whisper White 4-1/4 x 11 Scored at 5-1/2 and 2-3/4
DSP: Tutti Frutti 4 x 5-1/2 and 2 @ 4 x 2-1/2
Accordion fold: Whisper White 8-1/4 x 3
Mat: 3 @ 2-1/2 x 2-3/4
Art piece: 3 @ 2-3/8 x 2-5/8
- Mount DSP to the back on each panel of the card front and back of card
Here are the details:
- Stamp your basket image on two of the Whisper White art pieces in Memento Tuxedo Black Ink
- Stamp your sentiment in Melon Mambo ink on the other Whisper White art piece
- Stamp some butterflies using Memento Tuxedo Black Ink
- color and shade the baskets with your Crumb Cake Stampin Blends
- Color in the large flower with you Melon Mambo Water Color Pencil and blend with your blender pen
- On a scratch piece of Whisper White card stock stamp two more large flowers
- Color and shade those flowers with your Melon Mambo Water Color Pencil and Blend with your Blender Pen
- Add some Bermuda Bay here and there on the rose and blend with your Blender Pen.
- Fussy Cut these flowers out
- Color and shade in your smaller roses with your Bermuda Bay Water Color Pencil and Blend with your Blender pen
- Add some Melon Mambo touches with your water color pencil and blend with your Blender Pen
- Color in your leaves with your Lemon Lime Twist Stampin Write marker
- Mount your art pieces to the Melon Mambo mats and attach to the accordion folded Whisper White paper
- put a glue dot on top of your filled in Melon Mambo rose and attach some loops of Linen Thread
- Adhere your fussy cut rose with a dimensional on top of the filled in rose and to cover the ends of your line thread
- Stamp and color in your label and fussy cut, attach to the front of the basket
- Attach a 1/4 inch Organza ribbon right above the label tag with a glue dot
- color in some pearls with your Stampin Blends in Bermuda Bay and place here and there around the flowers
- Stamp, color and fussy cut two extra butterflies and adhere to the right and left panels of the card
Putting your card together:
- close up your accordion art piece and put adhesive on the back of the right panel
- center this onto the back of the card
- open your card and put one thin line adhesive on the back of the left panel of the accordion art piece
- close your front panel and lay your art piece on top to adhere, now you have a Z fold card
Here is the care inspiration:
This was the card from my Thursday Blog Hop. You can see it here:
Can I help you?
Do you need product to make this card and need a demonstrator? I would be happy to answer any questions or assist you. You can either click the “shop with me button” which directs you to my online store or click the “contact me” button for further help. Happy Stamping, Kristi
My Customer loyalty program & my way of saying THANK YOU for choosing me as your Demonstrator.
- Earn a Butterfly for each $25.00 in Stampin’ Up! products that you order through me. (before shipping and tax) Collect 20 Butterflies and earn free product valued at $30.00
- Current Butterfly Club members also receive all Stampin’ Up! catalogs for free!
- Butterflies are calculated per order and cannot be combined with other orders made within the same month.