Hi Stampers, It’s Alternate Monday day. That means I am sharing a card taken from the blog hop that I participate in each Thursday. I am taking either the sketch or color challenge and making a second card that is close to or similar to the posted card from the hop. I want to inspire you to get different looks for your card by mixing it up a bit by color and design. Today I used the same layout, with a twist and changed the colors to give the card an “Alternate” look.
Stampin’ Up! Good Morning Magnolia:
Here is the recipe:
Card base: Mossy Meadow 4-1/4 x 11, scored at 5-1/2
Mat: Flirty Flamingo 4 x 5-1/4
DSP: Magnolia Lane 3-7/8 x 5-1/8
Strip: Magnolia Lane 2 x 4-1/2
Here are the details:
- Stamp your floral image 2 times from the Good Morning Magnolia Stamp Set onto a scrap piece of Whisper White card stock using Black Tuxedo Memento Ink
- Color in you leaves with the Mossy Meadow Stampin Blends and highlight with the Stampin Blends Color lifter
- Color in one large flower with the Flirty Flamingo Stampin Blends
- Color in the second stamped image but, only color the top 4 petals of the second image
- Die cut your full colored flower with the Magnolia Memory Dies
- Fussy cut your second flower that you only colored the top 4 petals with your paper snips
- Die cut your small extra leaves in Mossy Meadow Card Stock using the dies from Magnolia Memories
Putting the card together:
- Adhere your DSP mat to the Flirty Flamingo mat
- Adhere your strip to the front of the card
- Wrap a piece of the Whisper White Bakers Twine around the panel 2 times
- Adhere your card panel to the front of the card base with dimensionals
- Attach the large flower to the front of the card with dimensionals
- Adhere the fussy cut partial flower on top of the large flower with a dimensional
- Add your die cut leave with glue dots
- Attach a double Whisper White Bakers Twine bow to the right side of the flower
- Add some Pearls to the center of the card and sprinkle a few around the flower
- Color a few small Pearls with your dark Flirty Flamingo Stampin Blends and scatter them around the front of the card for added punch!
Here is the card inspiration:
Here is the card from my Thursday Blog. Look at the subtle alternatives that make each card the same but so different. Which one do you like best?
Can I help you?
Do you need product to make this card and need a demonstrator? I would be happy to answer any questions or assist you. You can either click the “shop with me button” which directs you to my online store or click the “contact me” button for further help. Happy Stamping, Kristi
My Customer loyalty program & my way of saying THANK YOU for choosing me as your Demonstrator.
- Earn a Butterfly for each $25.00 in Stampin’ Up! products that you order through me. (before shipping and tax) Collect 20 Butterflies and earn free product valued at $30.00
- Current Butterfly Club members also receive all Stampin’ Up! catalogs for free!
- Butterflies are calculated per order and cannot be combined with other orders made within the same month.
These are the products I used to make my card: