Hi Stampers, It’s Alternate Monday day. That means I am sharing a card taken from the blog hop that I participate in each Thursday. I am taking either the sketch or color challenge and making a second card that is close to or similar to the posted card from the hop. I want to inspire you to get different looks for your card by mixing it up a bit by color and design. Today I used the same layout, with a twist and changed the colors to give the card an “Alternate” look.
Stampin’ Up! Snowman Season meets Heartwarming Hugs:
Card base: Old Olive 4-1/4 x 11, scored at 5-1/2
Mat: Real Red 4 x 5-1/4
DSP: Heartwarming Hugs 3-7/8 x 5-1/8
Banner: Heartwarming Hugs 2 x 5-1/8 Punched with the Banner Triple Punch
Scallop Circle mat: Real Red Die cut with the Layering Circle Dies
Art piece: Whisper White Stitched Shape Dies (largest)
- Stamp the snowman and hat with Tuxedo Black Memento Ink on to a piece of Whisper White card stock
- Stamp the arms in Soft Suede on to Whisper White card stock
- Color in the snowman with your Stampin Blends as follows:
- Snowman: outline the inside with Light Pool Party
- Hat: Black with Old Olive leaves and trim, Real Red berries
- Nose: Light Pumpkin Pie
- Punch the Snowman, hat and arms out with the Snowman Builder Punch
- Stamp your sentiment onto the Whisper White art piece with Versa Mark ink using the saying from the So Many Stars stamp set
- Sprinkle the sentiment with Red Glitter Embossing Powder (retired) and heat set the image with your heat gun
Putting the card together:
- Adhere your Heart Warming Hugs DSP to the Real Red mat
- Wrap a piece of Real Red Braided Trim around the matted DSP panel
- Adhere this panel to the Old Olive Card base with Dimensionals
- Adhere your Heartwarming Hugs banner to the left side of the card front
- Attach your Real Red matted art piece on top of the banner with Dimensionals
- Adhere your snowman and hat to the left side of the art piece with Dimensionals
- Glue the arms to the snowman with Liquid Glue
- Adhere a Real Red Braided Trim bow to the left of the art piece (on top of the ribbon wrap)
- Cut a snowbank from a Whisper White Stitched Shape circle and attach to the bottom of the snowman with Dimensionals
- Glue a few of the Snowflake Sequins to the art piece for added sparkle
- Touch up the snow bank with some Wink of Stella for extra shine and you are done
Here is the card from our Thursday blog hop that inspired my “alternate” look
Can I help you?
Do you need product to make this card and need a demonstrator? I would be happy to answer any questions or assist you. You can either click the “shop with me button” which directs you to my online store or click the “contact me” button for further help. Happy Stamping, Kristi
My Customer loyalty program & my way of saying THANK YOU for choosing me as your Demonstrator.
- Earn a Butterfly for each $50.00 in Stampin’ Up! products that you order through me. (before shipping and tax) Collect 8 Butterflies and earn free product valued at $30.00
- Current Butterfly Club members also receive all Stampin’ Up! catalogs for free!
- Butterflies are calculated per order and cannot be combined with other orders made within the same month.
These are the products I used to make my card: