Hi Stampers, It’s Alternate Monday day. That means I am sharing a card taken from the blog hop that I participate in each Thursday. I am taking either the sketch or color challenge and making a second card that is close to or similar to the posted card from the hop. I want to inspire you to get different looks for your card by mixing it up a bit by color and design. Today I used the same layout, with a twist and changed the colors to give the card an “Alternate” look.
Stampin’ Up! Floral Essence:
Card base: Lovely Lipstick 4-1/4 x 11, scored at 5-1/2
Panel: Lovely Lipstick 4 x 5-1/4 Embossed with the Layered Leaves EF
Art piece: Whisper White, die cut with the third largest Rectangle Stitched Die
Sentiment: Whisper White 1/2 x 5
the art piece:
- Stamp the background flowers using the two floral images from Floral Essence
- Stamp the large flower in the background (top left) with second generation stamping in Lovely Lipstick Ink
- Stamp the other large flower (bottom, left) in Lovely Lipstick
- Stamp the smaller image flower (bottom right) in second generation stamping in Lovely Lipstick
- Create a mask using post in note tape with both top flower images
- Mask off the flowers and stamp the leaf image in Granny Apple Green around the flowers
- Stamp your 3 petal flower twice on a piece of Lovely Lipstick card stock with Versa Mark Ink
- Heat emboss with White Embossing Powder
- Punch the petals out the with the Perennial Flower Punch
- Stamp some leaves in Granny Apple Green using the leaf image from the Floral Essence stamp set (stamp a few second genertion leaves too) onto Whisper White card stock
- Punch the leaves out using the Leaf Punch
- Punch the ends of your sentiment piece with the Banner Tripe punch at both ends
- Stamp a sentiment from Itty Bitty Birthdays onto the sentiment piece
Putting the card together:
- Adhere your Embossed Panel to the front of the card
- Wrap a piece of Lovely Lipstick Ribbon around your art piece
- Attache your art piece to the middle of the card with Dimensionls
- Glue your petals together with liquid glue
- Adhere your large flower to the center of the stamped flowers with Dimensionals
- Tuck in three leaf clusters under the large flower with Glue Dots
- Attach your sentiment on top of the art piece with glue dots
- Add a Lovely Lipstick bow to the left hand side of the flower image
- Add a Floral Essence Floral Center to the large flower
- Attach some From My Heart Faceted Gem to the front of your card and you are finished
Here is the card from our Thursday Blog Hop that inspired the “Alternate” look
Can I help you?
Do you need product to make this card and need a demonstrator? I would be happy to answer any questions or assist you. You can either click the “shop with me button” which directs you to my online store or click the “contact me” button for further help. Happy Stamping, Kristi
My Customer loyalty program & my way of saying THANK YOU for choosing me as your Demonstrator.
- Earn a Butterfly for each $50.00 in Stampin’ Up! products that you order through me. (before shipping and tax) Collect 8 Butterflies and earn free product valued at $30.00
- Current Butterfly Club members also receive all Stampin’ Up! catalogs for free!
- Butterflies are calculated per order and cannot be combined with other orders made within the same month.
These are the products I used to make my card: