Hi Stampers, It’s Alternate Monday day. That means I am sharing a card taken from the blog hop that I participate in each Thursday. I am taking either the sketch or color challenge and making a second card that is close to or similar to the posted card from the hop. I want to inspire you to get different looks for your card by mixing it up a bit by color and design. Today I used the same layout, with a twist and changed the colors to give the card an “Alternate” look.
Stampin’ Up! Autumn Greetings:
Card base: Whisper White 8-1/2 x 7, scored at 3-1/2
One extra card front: Whisper White 8-1/2 x 3-1/2
Mat: Real Red 6-1/8 x 3-1/4
DSP panel: Tis the Season 6 x 3-1/8
Sentiment: Whisper White 7/8 x 5-1/4 punched on the end with the Banner Triple Punch
- Stamp the floral image from the Autumn Greeting stamp set onto Whisper White card stock with Tuxedo Memento Black Ink
- Color the image with your Stampin Blends as follows:
- Large flowers: Real Red
- Oak leaves: Shaded Spruce
- Maple Leaves: Granny Apple Green
- Dahlia: Light Gray Granite
- Wheat: Real Red
- Eucalyptus: Old Olive
- Berries: Cherry Cobbler
- Pumpkin: Light Pumkin Pie then cover the front of the pumpkin with a bit of Gold Stickles (use anything gold metallic that you have in your stash)
- When you have the image colored you can cut it out with the Autumn Essentials Dies (I did not have the die so I fussy cut the image out)
- Stamp your Sentiment using the saying from the For Unto Us stamp set
- Ink the image in Versa Mark Ink
- Use Gold Emboss Powder over the sentiment and then heat set the image with your heat tool
Putting the card together:
- Wrap a piece of Real Red ribbon from All the Trimmings Ribbon pack around the card front panel
- Attach this panel to the front of the card
- Adhere the DSP panel to the Real Red mat
- Attach the Real Red/DSP panel to the front of the card centering it
- Attach your floral image to the front left of the card with Dimensionals
- Tuck your sentiment on the front of the card with Glue Dots
- Adhere a Real Red bow from All the Trimmings Ribbon Pack to the top of the left hand side of the floral image with a Glue Dots
- Add a few Gilded Gems here and there on the front of the card and you are finished
Here is the card that inspired my “Alternate” look from our Thursday Blog Hop
Can I help you?
Do you need product to make this card and need a demonstrator? I would be happy to answer any questions or assist you. You can either click the “shop with me button” which directs you to my online store or click the “contact me” button for further help. Happy Stamping, Kristi
My Customer loyalty program & my way of saying THANK YOU for choosing me as your Demonstrator.
- Earn a Butterfly for each $50.00 in Stampin’ Up! products that you order through me. (before shipping and tax) Collect 8 Butterflies and earn free product valued at $30.00
- Current Butterfly Club members also receive all Stampin’ Up! catalogs for free!
- Butterflies are calculated per order and cannot be combined with other orders made within the same month.
These are the products I used to make my card: