Hi Stampers, It’s Alternate Monday day. That means I am sharing a card taken from the blog hop that I participate in each Thursday. I am taking either the sketch or color challenge and making a second card that is close to or similar to the posted card from the hop. I want to inspire you to get different looks for your card by mixing it up a bit by color and design. Today I used the same layout, with a twist and changed the colors to give the card an “Alternate” look.
Stampin’ Up! Free As A Bird:
Card base: Whisper White 5-1/2 x 8-1/2, scored at 4-1/4
Mat: Bird Ballad DSP 5-1/4 x 4
Mat: Pool Party 4-1/2 x 3-1/4
DSP panel: Bird Ballad DSP 4-5/8 x 3-3/8
Scallop: Pool Party
Art piece: Whisper White Layering Stitched Dies
Sentiment: 3/4 x 3 Punched with the Triple Banner Punch
- Stamp your bird image from the “Free As A Bird” Stamp Set twice, once on a scrap piece of Whisper White Card Stock and once onto the Whisper White Stitched Layering Framelit art piece. (Stamp it slightly off the edge of the circle, so the tail gets get off a bit)
- Stamp the leaf image at the feet of the little bird image
- Color in the images with your Stampin Blends as follows:
- Leaves: Old Olive, Both Birds: Pool Party, Bird Breast: Petal Pink, Stem: Soft Suede
- With your paper snips, cut out the wing portion of the bird that you colored in on the scrap piece of Whisper White card stock
- Attach the cut out wing to the other bird with Mini Stampin Dimensionals
- Adhere your art piece to the Pool Party Scallop Circle
Putting The Card Together:
- Adhere the DSP panel to the front of the card
- Adhere your smaller panel of DSP to the Pool Party mat
- Adhere this panel to the front of the card with Stampin Dimensionals
- Adhere your art piece to the front left of the card with Stampin Dimensionals
- Stamp your sentiment from the Itty Bitty Birthday Stamp set onto the whisper White banner piece and attach to the front of the card with glue dots
- Add a Petal Pink Organdy Bow with glue dots
- Adhere a Petal Pink Frosted Flower and a few pearls to the front to the art piece and card front.
Here is the card from my Thursday Blog Hop. The card is the same, only the color and papers have changes. These subtle changes make such an “Alternate Look”.
You can see the card here:
Can I help you?
Do you need product to make this card and need a demonstrator? I would be happy to answer any questions or assist you. You can either click the “shop with me button” which directs you to my online store or click the “contact me” button for further help. Happy Stamping, Kristi
My Customer loyalty program & my way of saying THANK YOU for choosing me as your Demonstrator.
- Earn a Butterfly for each $25.00 in Stampin’ Up! products that you order through me. (before shipping and tax) Collect 20 Butterflies and earn free product valued at $30.00
- Current Butterfly Club members also receive all Stampin’ Up! catalogs for free!
- Butterflies are calculated per order and cannot be combined with other orders made within the same month.
These are the products I used to make my card: