Hi Stampers, Today is 3-D Saturday. This is the day that I share a craft project that is not a card. ( I love boxes!!!) They could be boxes, party favors or cupcake toppers. I am hoping this will encourage you to use all sorts of paper, dies and inks. I do make many of my projects with Stampin’ Up! products but on 3-D Saturday I am sharing projects that are not limited to using only Stampin Up products. Each project can be tweaked to allow you to customize it for your specific event. Enjoy!
Today I have a cake box share that I made for a friends special 60th birthday lunch. It was all about sparkle and so the favors had to match the theme. I made the boxes from a die that I bought a few years ago. I used some retired Stampin’ Up! paper and glittered it up with the flowers that are embossed with gold powder and big jewels.
Cake Party Favors:
Here they are at the table:
Here is the recipe:
Cake box: Lifestyle Crafts (don’t have the cake box die? just use any shape box, anything you make will be darling with sparkle accents)
Cake box DSP: Springtime foils
Here are the details:
- Die cut the cake box and lid and adhere together with glue dots
- Stamp your flowers with Versa Mark Ink and heat emboss with Gold Emboss Powder
- Punch some leaves with Gold Glimmer Paper, Silver Foil and Gold Foil (any leaf punch will do)
- I used the computer and typed out my tag but a simple Happy Birthday Stamp can be used too
- Loop some Metallic thread on top of the box where your flower will go
- Adhere your flower to the top of the box with a glue dot
- Adhere your leaves with glue dots
- Tuck your sentiment under the flower with a glue dot
- Add a gem of your choice to the center of the large flower
- Add a few Metallic Gold Pearls and Rhinestones on the box
Here is the table with the favors tucked at each place:
Oh and fill your box with chocolates! Mine have silver Hershey Kisses inside!
I want to encourage you to use some of your retired products for these fun projects and get creative in adapting a cake box and making it a round box or do you have a square box you could use? One other idea is to buy something in the wedding section at your favorite craft store and bling it up the way I did. Most of all, have fun and make a 3-D project
Can I help you?
Do you need product to make this card and need a demonstrator? I would be happy to answer any questions or assist you. You can either click the “shop with me button” which directs you to my online store or click the “contact me” button for further help. Happy Stamping, Kristi
My Customer loyalty program & my way of saying THANK YOU for choosing me as your Demonstrator.
- Earn a Butterfly for each $25.00 in Stampin’ Up! products that you order through me. (before shipping and tax) Collect 20 Butterflies and earn free product valued at $30.00
- Current Butterfly Club members also receive all Stampin’ Up! catalogs for free!
- Butterflies are calculated per order and cannot be combined with other orders made within the same month