Hey there Stampers, it is Thursday again and time for another blog hop share. Today we have a sketch challenge. I opened up a “new to me” stamp set from the Occasions Catalog called “Big on Birthdays”. This stamp set is going to get well inked, I just love every stamp in the set!
Here is the sketch:
I flipped the sketch from vertical to horizontal to make room for my large sentiment.
Stampin’ Up! Big on Birthdays:
Here is the card recipe:
Card base: Whisper White 5-1/2 x 8-1/2, scored at 4-1/4
Mat: Real Red 5-3/8 x 4-1/8
DSP Floral Boutique: bottom piece 5-1/4 x 2-1/8 , top piece 5-1/4 x 2-1/8 (they overlap just a tad in the middle)
Art piece: Whisper White 4-1/4 x 2-3/4
Mat: Night of Navy 4-3/8 x 2-7/8
Banner: 1/2 x 3-1/4 cut with the Triple Banner Punch
- Adhere the two pieces of DSP onto the Real Red mat
- Wrap your ribbon around the seem where the two piece of DSP come together
- Attach this to your card base
Here are the details:
- Stamp your image onto the Whisper White art piece in Black ink
- Color in your flowers with your Real Red Watercolor Pencils and shadow with your Real Red Marker, blend the color with your Blender Pen
- Color in the leaves with your Old Olive Watercolor Pencils and shadow with your Old Olive Marker
- Adhere with dimensionals to the front of the card
- Add you bow to the left side
- Stamp the small sentiment in Real Red and attach to the bottom of the art piece
- For the final touch add some rhinestones and pearls
Alternative card, same card with a twist:
When I am making up my cards, I never know what I am going to end up with. I usually make a few card that are similar, then pick my favorite one to showcase. The card below is another version of my card with a different bow. Which one do you like best?
Here is our team:
Alright, on with the hop! Click the button below to hop over to see what the rest of the team created for you today:
And just in case you get lost along the way, here is a list of the team members involved in the hop today:
Can I help you?
Do you need product to make this card and need a demonstrator? I would be happy to answer any questions or assist you. You can either click the “shop with me button” which directs you to my online store or click the “contact me” button for further help. Happy Stamping, Kristi
Here are the products I used to make this card: