Hi Stampers, It’s Alternate Monday day. That means I am sharing a card taken from the blog hop that I participate in each Thursday. I am taking either the sketch or color challenge and making a second card that is close to or similar to the posted card from the hop. I want to inspire you to get different looks for your card by mixing it up a bit by color and design. Today I used the same layout, with a twist and changed the colors to give the card an “Alternate” look.
Stampin’ Up Petal Palette:
Here is the card recipe:
Card base: Calypso Coral 4-1/4 x 11. scored at 5-1/2
Mat: Petal Passion DSP 4 x 5-1/4
Banner mat: Calypso Coral 4 x 2-5/8
Art Piece: Whisper White 4 x 2-1/2
- Adhere your DSP mat to the card front
- Stamp your sentiment from the Petal Palette stamp set using the ink to rubber technique in Calypso Coral and Basic Black onto the Whisper White art piece
- Emboss your art piece with the Softly Falling EF
- Adhere your art piece to the Calypso Coral banner mat and adhere this layer to the card front with dimensionals
- Stamp your floral image in Tuxedo Black ink onto a scrap piece of Whisper White card stock
- Using your Calypso Coral Colored pencils color in the flower and blend the colors with your Blender Pen
- I darkened some of the flower using the Stampin Marker in Calypso Coral and blended and dabbed with my Blender Pen for added depth
- Use your Old Olive Colored Pencil to color in your leaves and blend the color with your Blender Pen
- Die cut the flower out with the Petals and More Thinlits Die and adhere to the front of the card with dimensionals
- Die cut the leaf pieces from the Petals and More Thinlits Dies in Basic Black card stock and tuck these behind your floral image.
- Add a Calypso Coral bow, some Enamel Shapes and Rhinestones to complete your card
Here is my card inspiration:
This was the card from my blog that inspired me for my Alternate Monday card. You can see it here:
Can I help you?
Do you need product to make this card and need a demonstrator? I would be happy to answer any questions or assist you. You can either click the “shop with me button” which directs you to my online store or click the “contact me” button for further help. Happy Stamping, Kristi
My Customer loyalty program & my way of saying THANK YOU for choosing me as your Demonstrator.
- Earn a Butterfly for each $25.00 in Stampin’ Up! products that you order through me. (before shipping and tax) Collect 20 Butterflies and earn free product valued at $30.00
- Current Butterfly Club members also receive all Stampin’ Up! catalogs for free!
- Butterflies are calculated per order and cannot be combined with other orders made within the same month.
These are the products I used to make my card: