Hi Stampers, It’s Alternate Monday day. That means I am sharing a card taken from the blog hop that I participate in each Thursday. I am taking either the sketch or color challenge and making a second card that is close to or similar to the posted card from the hop. I want to inspire you to get different looks for your card by mixing it up a bit by color and design. Today I used the same layout, with a twist and changed the colors to give the card an “Alternate” look.
Stampin’ Up! Flying Home:
Here is the recipe:
Card Base: Whisper White 5-1/2 x 8-1/2 scored at 4-1/4
Card Front: DSP Tutti Frutti 5-1/2 x 4-1/4
Mat: Whisper White 5 x 3-3/4
Thick mat: Burmuda Bay 5 x 3-3/4
Art Piece: Whisper White 4-1/2 x3-1/4
Sentiment: Whisper White 1/2 x 3
The Art Piece:
- Stamp your image using the stamp from Flying Home using Memento Tuxedo Black ink
- Let you image dry or run your heat gun over it to make sure the Alcohol Markers do not bleed
- I used both the light and dark pens to highlight and shade
- Color and shade your images, here is what I used:
- Bermuda Bay, for some of the roofs, square door, curtains, dormer, flowers, shutters and rooster tail and comb
- Pumpkin Pie, was used for some of the roofs, house, leaves on flowers, chimney and banner and heart
- Daffodil Delight, was used for houses, roofs, rooster body and bird
- Copper, was used for the bird house poles, framing, window box
- Crumb Cake, for the shutters, arched front door
- Smokey Slate for the inside of some of the window along with light pool party for the others
- Attach your DSP to the card front
- Attach your white mat to the DSP
- Attach your art piece to the Bermuda Bay mat
- Adhere the art piece and mat to the Bermuda Bay mat with dimensionals
- Stamp your sentiment onto the banner using black ink. The sentiment is from the Fruit Basket stamp set
- Attach your sentiment with dimensionals
- Add your tiny banner and Bakers Twine bow and the card is finished.
Here is another color combination:
Here is the card inspiration:
You can see it here on my blog:
Can I help you?
Do you need product to make this card and need a demonstrator? I would be happy to answer any questions or assist you. You can either click the “shop with me button” which directs you to my online store or click the “contact me” button for further help. Happy Stamping, Kristi
My Customer loyalty program & my way of saying THANK YOU for choosing me as your Demonstrator.
- Earn a Butterfly for each $25.00 in Stampin’ Up! products that you order through me. (before shipping and tax) Collect 20 Butterflies and earn free product valued at $30.00
- Current Butterfly Club members also receive all Stampin’ Up! catalogs for free!
- Butterflies are calculated per order and cannot be combined with other orders made within the same month.
These are the products I used to make my card: