Hi Stampers, The end of May is the closing of the current catalog at Stampin Up. That means just a few more cards using some of my old favorites before I welcome in some wonderful new products in June. Today I am playing with the Affectionately Yours Designers Series Paper one last time before it retires. My share today also has a small sneak peek of what is coming in the new catalog, the new stamp set Eastern Beauty.
Here is the sketch:
I turned my card from vertical to horizontal today and added ribbon in place of the two strips of paper. That is what I love about a sketch, you can literally copy the sketch or use it as a jumping off point to create your design.
Stampin’ Up! “Affectionately Yours”:
Here is the card recipe:
Card Base: Watermelon Wonder 5-1/2 x 8-1/2, scored at 4-1/4
Mat: Whisper White 5-1/4 x 4
DSP: Affectionately Yours 5-1/8 x 3-7/8
Scallop circle: Water Melon Wonder using the Layering Circle Framlits
Art Piece: Whisper White using the Stitched Circle Framelits
- Attach the DSP to the Whisper White mat
- Wrap a piece of Striped Watermelon Wonder Ribbon around the card with glue dots
- Attach this to the card base with dimensionals
- Stamp your sentiment from the Eastern Beauty stamp set with Night of Navy Ink
- Adhere your sentiment to the Watermelon Wonder scallop Circle
- Attach your sentiment to the card from with dimensionals
- place a glue dot where the large bow goes and suing your think metallic copper thread make some loops adhering it to the glue dot
- place another glue dot on top on the metallic thread and attach your striped bow
- Add a metallic gold start to the sentiment
Here is another card. It is exactly the same except for the sentiment. I made over half a dozen different sentiment designs and just could not settle on just one. For the blog I decided to keep it simple because the paper is so busy. The card below is one of the other designs. Which one do you like best? Simple or more detailed?
Here is a close up:
Here is our team:
Alright, on with the hop! Click the button below to hop over to see what the rest of the team created for you today:
And just in case you get lost along the way, here is a list of the team members involved in the hop today:
Can I help you?
Do you need product to make this card and need a demonstrator? I would be happy to answer any questions or assist you. You can either click the “shop with me button” which directs you to my online store or click the “contact me” button for further help. Happy Stamping, Kristi
Here are the products I used to make this card: